Black "toung" in radio mode

John Hind

DVBViewer Pro V3.9.4.0/Vista Ultimate

With the option "Hide Display in Radio Mode" ticked and a radio station selected, the window looks like this:

post-63541-1215784292_thumb.png

Notice the spurious black "toung" hanging down over the bottom boundary of the window!

Also, it would be good if the window width was reduced too - to the minimum width to show all the controls, and maybe the vestigial window area could show the programme information as shown in the info-tip on the channel list.

Firstly because without renderer you can't have any OSD...

But I've not got an OSD anyway, just a (square) black hole in my screen! :(

After posting the original message I discovered I could get both a minimised Radio display and a radio OSD by selecting a skin option. However in the instalation default with no skin, there is also no OSD. If I start the program and select a radio channel, the renderer is either not started or reduced to zero height. If I switch from a TV to a radio in this mode I get the renderer "toung", but nothing is displayed on it, hence my suggestion that it may as well be shut down.

Incidentally, I cannot get BBC-HD to work on any renderer except the Vista Enhanced and this keeps going dark when non-HD channels change format (i.e. with ad breaks). I wish there was a complete set of Direct-X options seperate for HD and SD or even the ability to override the graph for specific stations.

We definitely seem to be back on the "bleeding edge" with this technology!

...we STILL ARE on the "bleeding edge": Vista bugs and BBC-HD special trasmissions and new hw (and relative faulty drivers) can't be considered at all DVBViewer faults...

;)