Official technical support

Valts

I would really like to know where I can reach official technical support of the DVBViewer. Forum is sometimes helpful, but the ordering page clearly states that "As a registered user you will be entitled to Premium Tech support". So where is it?

I would really like to know where I can reach official technical support of the DVBViewer. Forum is sometimes helpful, but the ordering page clearly states that "As a registered user you will be entitled to Premium Tech support". So where is it?

I'm still waiting for an answer to a question that I've asked twice already, and I'm being deliberately ignored, and I just can't understand why.

Who is banging so impatiently at this door, waking me up early in the morning? o:) Well (*yawn* ) go to About -> Info in DVBViewer. Not that difficult to find, is it? However, it is recommendable to first

- use the forum search / Google forum search with appropriate keywords

- post your problem with all necessary information

since there are many experienced users / voluntary supporters & developers, and chances are that a community member knows more about the topic in question than a general technical support ever will, particularly in case of issues related to your hardware / software configuration / DVB network etc.

Who is banging so impatiently at this door, waking me up early in the morning? o:) Well (*yawn* ) go to About -> Info in DVBViewer. Not that difficult to find, is it? However, it is recommendable to first

- use the forum search / Google forum search with appropriate keywords

- post your problem with all necessary information

since there are many experienced users / voluntary supporters & developers, and chances are that a community member knows more about the topic in question than a general technical support ever will, particularly in case of issues related to your hardware / software configuration / DVB network etc.

Griga, my question doesn't require posting anything about my system.

I just want to know WHY we have to use incremental jumps rather than being able to FFW like with Zoomplayer. Or even why we can't display the time bar and use a remote to SLIDE it to the desired point.

I've asked, and have been ignored. It's bloody annoying.

Sounds to me like a feature request that should be posted in the appropriate section of the forum. I really thought you were in a life-threatening situation. ;)

Well, yes, WHY? Because DVBViewer ist DVBViewer, and Zoomplayer is Zoomplayer. Different developers, different implementations, different preferences. DVBViewer developers are focussing on the DVB part, and there is not that much time left over for the media player part. Why can't Zoomplayer Professional pick up DVB data streams from a BDA driver and play them? You pay more for it than for DVBViewer...

Ressources are limited in this world, and everybody has to decide for what they are used.... probably won't calm you down, and leave you in the state of being "bloody annoyed", but that's not my problem. I can live without this sliding FFW stuff. o:)

Sounds to me like a feature request that should be posted in the appropriate section of the forum. I really thought you were in a life-threatening situation. ;)

Well, yes, WHY? Because DVBViewer ist DVBViewer, and Zoomplayer is Zoomplayer. Different developers, different implementations, different preferences. DVBViewer developers are focussing on the DVB part, and there is not that much time left over for the media player part. Why can't Zoomplayer Professional pick up DVB data streams from a BDA driver and play them? You pay more for it than for DVBViewer...

Ressources are limited in this world, and everybody has to decide for what they are used.... probably won't calm you down, and leave you in the state of being "bloody annoyed", but that's not my problem. I can live without this sliding FFW stuff. o:)

The bloody annoyed part came from having to ask the same question 3 times.... And being ignored by Lars, to whom I orginally asked twice.

I'm incredibly happy with DVBViewer. I think me asking the question was going to be misinterpreted as criticism, rather than a genuine question.

You would have to admit that the addition of a sliding bar that could be controlled by the remote (as it can already with the mouse) would be great for HTPC enthusiatsts rather than playing the too far forward, too far back, just right hit ant miss with the incremental jumps

PS thanks for answering my question.

Indeed being ignored is the most annoying part - there are multiple cases where I have either joined a topic where a specific problem is described or have made a topic to see that there are often no replies from the people who actually understand how it works/should work. Just go check all the topics with 0 replies.

As for about box, seriously, there's only an e-mail address with out any comments.

• 4 weeks later...

regarding e-mail support - if you think that someone answers in a reasonable time frame. Don't get your hopes up ( 1 week no answer of any kind ). To be honest there is no technical support to speak of much less of a premium one that's promised. o:)

As for the forum loads of issues are being discussed in a German (which, as noted by other members, seems to be the main part of the forum). For example there is next to nothing regarding OSD issues in English.

Objectively speaking the program itself is very good for the most part, but it's being spoiled the by lack of support and information. :angry:

Edited by Valts