big problems with technisat skystar2 dvb-s

azzaj

Hi, i just bought this software and installed transponder editor. i am attempting to tune the optus d1 satellite which runs fine in the editor but when i go to save the channels i get a message "DVBViewer pro not found". i have tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling things but i think there is some data left over after uninstall

what directories or registry entries do i need to trash to totally clean this out? also to clean out the technisat soft as this has some issues left over after reinstall (if you cant help this is ok i will try technisat or try random deletes based on any info i get for DVBViewer pro). basically the transponder editor locks on perfectly but the channels wont export and tuning manually doesn't work either.

i would rather not install windows from scratch as i am set to upgrade that pc in a month.

is it not possible to setup the correct symbolrate and spacing in DVBViewer? my lof1:10750 lof2:0 switch:0 if i set the transponder to none and attempt these settings i get an error. this is a side issue anyway i would really like to be able to setup this all again to get it working.

is it possible to use the bda driver or best to use the full technisat?

i am running driver 4.4.3 on an nforce 3 amd sempron and an old ati radeon 8500 le. was working fine until i tried to upgrade to pro.

thanks in advance.

Aaron, New Zealand

Edited by azzaj
and installed transponder editor. i am attempting to tune the optus d1 satellite which runs fine in the editor but when i go to save the channels i get a message "DVBViewer pro not found"

Make sure that TransEdit.exe (version 3.2 from the members area) is stored in the DVBViewer installation directory (usually program files\DVBViewer)

http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/TransEdit%2...ml#Installation

is it possible to use the bda driver or best to use the full technisat?

Better use the 4.4.3 WDM driver. Using the BDA driver entails some restrictions.

Make sure that TransEdit.exe (version 3.2 from the members area) is stored in the DVBViewer installation directory (usually program files\DVBViewer)

ahah that makes sense, thank you.

any idea whick files and registry entries to delete to remove all traces of everything DVBViewer?