new hauppauge usb2 device

hdtvyoh

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if DVBViewer fully supports the new Hauppauge Win-TV NOVA usb2 device.I am desperate to record something from bbc hd on sunday.Thanks everyone.

Edited by hdtvyoh

The NOVA USB2 is supported. At least some people in this forum are using this box...

DiSEqC may cause trouble with the Pro.

Edited by CiNcH
The NOVA USB2 is supported. At least some people in this forum are using this box...

DiSEqC may cause trouble with the Pro.

Don't know about DiSEq, but I am using that USB device with DVBViewer on Windows XP SP2. The only downside appears to be a bug in Window's USB driver so that after the USB device is accessed, the CPU can no longer go into power saving whilst idle as Windows polls the USB device frequently. On the old Athlon 1GHz box I use as a PVR/media server, the idle CPU temperature is around 32C. After recording from satellite (via a PCI card) it returns to 32C, but after recording from terrestrial using the Hauppauge device it sticks at 46C until the PC is rebooted.