Command line channel switching problem

John Hind

DVBViewer Pro V3.9.4.0

Attempting to switch channels using the Service PID i.e.

"C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe" -c:6331

always selects the first channel in the channel list regardless of the number.

Selection by "channel number" seems to work, but the only way I've found of discovering this number is to count channels down from the top of the list! It is also no solution since it will not be robust.

Selection by name also seems to work, but again I would not want to rely on it.

Please can this be fixed, because I want to automate channel selection from the Digiguide EPG program.

I did some further testing using ShortCutter.exe. This generates shortcuts in the form:

-c{name}:{pid}

for example:

"C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\DVBViewer.exe" "-cBBC HD (AC3,eng):6940"

These seem to work reliably, but only with the full, exact channel name including the technical guff in brackets. I hoped it would be able to do a partial match on the start of the name, even that I could conn it by just providing the first letter, or a * wildcard, or a space or something, but no luck, it has to be the whole damn string! If it does not all match up exactly, either the first channel in the list is selected or if a channel is already playing, it is not changed.

The help file definitely states that the {name} bit can be omitted, but this does not work!

This is really dumb! A system based on this would require a lot of unnecessary work and would be a maintenance nightmare! Are Service PIDs not unique? If so, why require something else in addition? If not, there must be a better way to disambiguate them than this! For example, DVBViewer could assign a unique number to each channel on creation (one which does not change if you delete or add channels or change their order).

Hi

i´m using some command lines in my own schedule program.

Here is a cut from the wiki page. (DVDViewers)

--

- c: SenderID

The transmitter with the specified ID is switched on. It is calculated from 65536 x Audio PID + Service ID. The audio PID and service ID (SID) to find a station in the sender editor window on the tab "editing". If there is no specific audio track should be chosen and no one is a likelihood of confusion, the sole indication of the service ID. Example:

C:\Programme\DVBViewer Pro\DVBViewer.exe -c:12060

--

Hope this helps.

/Atener

i´m using some command lines in my own schedule program.

Thanks for the reply. Where is this wiki? Given that the manual (both shipped and on this web site) seems to be out of date and very incomplete, any further source of information would be very welcome!

However I still cannot get this working and I wonder are we on the same version? I have 3.9.4.0, the latest release.

I have tried using the "hash" of Audio and Service PIDs (as revealed by the channel list editor) as you suggest. I also tried Service PID only for a channel with only one audio variant. Whatever I do it still selects the first channel on the channel list regardless of the number.

I got interested in the 10-digit number in favorites.xml, but this does not work in a -c: command line either. It must surely be fulfilling a similar function within DVBViewer?

For BBC HD (AC3,eng) the audio PID is 2329 and the service PID is 6940 and the number in favorites.xml is 1226382108. Your hash formula gives 152640284. I've tried:

-c:6940

-c:152640284

-c:1226382108

-c1226382108

-c152640284

-c6940

All appear to do a channel change, but to the first channel in my channel list, not to the desired channel.