TransEdit

I have implemented transedit as suggested in the text file (Downloaded from members section) and I can scan a DVB-S (Pentagon Channel) on G-28.

When I try to scan G-28, DVB-S2 3820MHz SR 29125 8PSK FEC 3/4 I Do not get the program.

But I can get it with DVBViewer, and I can get Video and thanks to Griga I can also get AC3 audio.

Ed Rios

Ohio, USA

• 2 weeks later...

support.zip

I have implemented transedit as suggested in the text file (Downloaded from members section) and I can scan a DVB-S (Pentagon Channel) on G-28.

When I try to scan G-28, DVB-S2 3820MHz SR 29125 8PSK FEC 3/4 I Do not get the program.

But I can get it with DVBViewer, and I can get Video and thanks to Griga I can also get AC3 audio.

Ed Rios

Ohio, USA

support.zip

Ed Rios

Ohio, USA

What are you talking about? There's no such transponder on Galaxy 28

What are you talking about? There's no such transponder on Galaxy 28

Hello Derrick, I would assume that you took the time to check the transponder and not just the information on Lyngsat.

Several weeks ago Galaxy 26 lost power on several transponders and many of the services from G-26 were transferred to G-28.

That is a fact.

Now can you help me my original question?

Best regards

Ed Rios

I would assume that you took the time to check the transponder and not just the information on Lyngsat.

No problem, if you pay me the visit to the US ;) In Europe the satellite is behind the horizon..

If transedit doesn't get a signal on this transponder, the modulation parameters are not entirely correct. Try with pilot signals checked.

I Do not get the program.

What do you it mean by it? No signal? No results at all? Results, but not the expected one? What do the PAT/PMT/SDT fields signal? If there is a problem, post a specific description. The supporters here are no clairvoyants, they don't like guessing, and they don't like time-consuming question and anwer games...

If transedit doesn't get a signal on this transponder, the modulation parameters are not entirely correct. Try with pilot signals checked.

I have the same situation here, using a Dvbworld USB dvb-s2 device. Modulation paramters are entered the same in DVBViewer as in Transedit but Transedit does not see the dvb-s2 mux at all. It does however see dvb-s signals on that transponder and will scan them in. DVBViewer will not scan in the dvb-s2 mux unless I select "new tuning method"

Transedit does not see the dvb-s2 mux at all. It does however see dvb-s signals on that transponder and will scan them in.

DVB-S2 and DVB-S mixed on a single transponder resp. frequency??? I've read somewhere that it's possible in theory, but I've never seen such a transponder.

DVBViewer will not scan in the dvb-s2 mux unless I select "new tuning method"

Same as Settings -> Hardware -> Use standard interface off in TransEdit. Try it.

DVB-S2 and DVB-S mixed on a single transponder resp. frequency??? I've read somewhere that it's possible in theory, but I've never seen such a transponder.

Same as Settings -> Hardware -> Use standard interface off in TransEdit. Try it.

Thanks, that worked great, now I can scan dvb-s2 with Transedit. You are correct, there are only dvb-s2 channels on the transponder in question.