Readability of OSD at a distance

Delphi

If I can solve any of my requests using the OSD skin editor, they are not requests. I will then have to learn how to use the OSD skin editor NOW! Just let me know.

1) Bigger characters in the EPG text. Teletext window as well. Characters in menus are OK.

2) Teletext window. Should allways display as a 4:3 window (at least in Denmark). On a 16:9 screen the distance between characters becomes too big, making it very hard to read.

3) In the channel EPG, when pressing OK (Enter) on a TV programme partial EPG I get a very small EPG window. I would like this to give me the detailed EPG window (why not?), allowing to record using the red button.

I use:

Video Renderer: Overlay Mixer.

37" LCD screen (16:9) at a distance of 4m.

32" LCD screen (16:9) at a distance of 3m.

Resolution: 1366x768.

Tried several 16:9 OSD skins.

Thanks in advance

3. Just press the record button on the wanted epg entry (should work in most EPG related windows, if not tell me I'll fix it)

1. have a look at the fonts.xml file, you may have to adjust the OSD-Skin.

2. Not as easy as it sounds, otherwise it would have already been changed this way :biggrin:

Thanks!

3) The record button works OK in the channel window. Well, I don't like to use that button in an HTPC (OSD only) environment, since things can easily get out of control If hit while watching TV. I think I still have this request.

1) I will have to learn about the OSD skin editor NOW!

2) If you say it is not easy, I believe you. It's a challenge then :biggrin:

I have now experimented a bit with the OSD menu editor...Cool. ;)

Changing the font size was pretty easy. This solved the most important problem. :robot: