3.9.2 crashes on XP

I have found actually two problems.

First is that EPG data is missing from few channels. Usually EPG is listed from morning to something like 21:00 in evening. But rest of day is missing. Sometimes whole day is missing.

I have gone round this by using xmltv-grabber.

Second, more serious problem is crashing. I got nowdays almost daily crash. And as i use EPGplus for series recording, i found this quite annoying as half of my recordings fails unless i remember to check DVBViewer status before recording starts.

And if i just simply restart DVBViewer, it will record 0 byte to disk. After whole system restart everything works.

I have disabled system updates, so there has not been any changes for long times. This just came about week ago.

System is Windows XP Pro Sp2

TV card is Pinnacle PCTV DVB-T Dual PCI Driver version 4.0.4.0

Chipset is SiS 651B / SiS 962L

Video card ATI 9200 8.252.0.0 (looked from device manager display dirver version)

- J

support.zip

First is that EPG data is missing from few channels. Usually EPG is listed from morning to something like 21:00 in evening. But rest of day is missing. Sometimes whole day is missing.

Are you sure that those channels have EPG?

Make sure that all drivers are up-to-date, especially SiS.

Also I am not so sure how well stable ffdshow behaves in a DVB streaming environment. The CyberLink decoder also seems outdated. This one became stable with version 6 or something. You may want to try Elecard or something like that..

Another thing... we actually don't support old versions, so please update to 3.9.4.

Edited by CiNcH
Are you sure that those channels have EPG?

Yes, they have EPG. If i look from my another "normal" digi-set, it shows EPG-data. HTPC does not.

And looks like it crashes twice during weekend. It looks like both times when it was recording a show. I build autorestart system. It restarts whole PC once in a day. So it is rebooted 06 in morning. And it has started recording, but crashed. And still keeps recording until disk is full...

Remember, this has worked like charm almost for a year. Until now it started crashing. Nothing has changed for whole year. Still these crashes started from nothing...

- J

Addition...

I upgraded to version 3.9.4 and with latest devel ffdshow. Sorry, no cyberlink yet. But it didn't work. System was up and running afr restart for 5 minutes until i got screen what told that DVBViewer is crashed...

I attached screenshot of that crash.

- J

post-37997-1217271402_thumb.jpg