Card not seen

philipb

I have a Nova HD S2 installed and working well with Powercinema.

Yesterday I insalled DVBViewer Pro and all went well at first. However when I came back a couple of hours later and tried to restart DVBViewer I got the message "no hardware found". Also when I tried to scan with Transedit I at the error "no DVD present".

Any ideas why it would start off working and then stop? Still working OK with Powercinema.

OS is Vista 32.

Edited by philipb

Well, curiouser and curiouser. It started working again (don't know why - I didn't do anything). Scanned the channels again successfully. But now when I start the application, shortly after selecting a channel it crashes. Vista gives me the ".....has stopped working...." message. the details show that a file - atiumdva.dll - is the culprit. Presumably an ATI graphics driver file.

Any suggestions?

Lost it again this afternoon, but it came back after a re-boot.

The clash with the dll file appears only to happen when selecting HD channels - BBC HD and Luxe HD.

well most likely a unholy alliance of video (h.264)decoder and graphicsdriver. Maybe a up or downgrade of the ati driver helps...

Yes, you're right. I downloaded PowerDVD 7, ran setup again and selected the codecs that come with it. All is now sweetness and light.

Thanks for the help.