MCE Remote Control

PeriX

Well, i have MCE Remote Control v2 (Model: 1039) and i want to get it working with DVBViewer.

My operating system is windows server 2008, which is like vista in the whole...

I have installed all drivers correctly and i enabeld MCEIr and MCE2005 in DVBViewer, but it is not working.

The sensor starts lighting when i hit buttons but nothing happens in DVBViewer.

can pls someone make a tutorial how to get it working?

Although the remote is recognised, you have to teach it which key does what. The number keys are probably active but you need to go to Options / Input, press the 'learn' button and teach it everything you want it to know :)

• 3 weeks later...
Well, i have MCE Remote Control v2 (Model: 1039) and i want to get it working with DVBViewer.

My operating system is windows server 2008, which is like vista in the whole...

I have installed all drivers correctly and i enabeld MCEIr and MCE2005 in DVBViewer, but it is not working.

The sensor starts lighting when i hit buttons but nothing happens in DVBViewer.

can pls someone make a tutorial how to get it working?

PeriX, did you get the MCE Remote working in Windows Server 2008, in the end?

Have you experienced any other issues with using DVBViewer on Windows Server 2008?

I am planning to build a hybrid HTPC/Server machine in the near future and was wondering what I could do for the media centre, as Windows Media Centre obviously does not come with Windows Server. DVBViewer could be the perfect answer.

Cheers

EventGhost can use an MCE remote in XP to run DVBV, Zoomplayer and umpteen other apps for which plugins already exist. It is very easy to configure and works very well. I don't know about compatibility with Win Server 2008. See the EventGhost wiki?

EventGhost can use an MCE remote in XP to run DVBV, Zoomplayer and umpteen other apps for which plugins already exist. It is very easy to configure and works very well. I don't know about compatibility with Win Server 2008. See the EventGhost wiki?

Download H.I.P from byremote.com.au, the best and free remote control software.

Thanks for the answers. EventGhost and H.I.P seem really good solutions, and I'll try them both and see what works best for me.

Edited by Jason404
Although the remote is recognised, you have to teach it which key does what. The number keys are probably active but you need to go to Options / Input, press the 'learn' button and teach it everything you want it to know :)

I working on the MS MCE remote control too. if i press the Guide button, then the Vista MCE guide come's up. how can i get it to stop doing that?

Download H.I.P from byremote.com.au, the best and free remote control software.

EventGhost is also free and many (including me) would say that it is the best. YMMV

I tried both Girder and HIP once but found them far too complex and hard to use. There was too much that needed setting up manually, and who needs that?

EventGhost is free, easy, reliable and hugely configurable. There are working plugins available for most common applications and remote controls. Most people will be able to adapt it to their setup very simply.

EventGhost is also free and many (including me) would say that it is the best. YMMV

I tried both Girder and HIP once but found them far too complex and hard to use. There was too much that needed setting up manually, and who needs that?

EventGhost is free, easy, reliable and hugely configurable. There are working plugins available for most common applications and remote controls. Most people will be able to adapt it to their setup very simply.

Well with great power comes great configuration.

I'm pretty sure there are things that HIP can do that Event Ghost cannot. And am I right in seeing that Event Ghost ceased development in April 2007?

Well with great power comes great configuration.

I'm pretty sure there are things that HIP can do that Event Ghost cannot.

And vice versa, I expect. As I said, EventGhost is also hugely configurable, but without most of the hassle involved with Girder and HIP.

And am I right in seeing that Event Ghost ceased development in April 2007?

That's not what I see:

Version 0.3.6.1446 (06/30/2008)

I working on the MS MCE remote control too. if i press the Guide button, then the Vista MCE guide come's up. how can i get it to stop doing that?

You need to stop the ehRecvr service.

Control Panel / Admin Tools / Services / look for 'Windows Media Center Receiver Service', double click on it and then stop the service. If you want to disable it permanently, select Startup Type = disabled.

Edited by SimonP