Vista x64 => MCE Remote only works when EPG-window opened

I upgraded from WinXP32 to Vista64 on my AMD 64x2 system with 2 GB RAM (new clean install).

Then I installed the newest DVBViewer Pro.

I successfully removed the EHTRAY.EXE file from /windows/ehome/ and use the MCE2005 Remote Plugin within DVBViewer Pro. I assigned all remote buttons.

The strange thing is the MCE-remote only works if I open the EPG-window before I go into fullscreen mode (OSD). When I close the EPG-window, the remote stops working. If I open the EPG-window again, the remote starts working again.

Anybody having the same problem with DVBViewer - Vista64 - MCE2005 ???

Seems like a bug to me....

• 4 weeks later...
I upgraded from WinXP32 to Vista64 on my AMD 64x2 system with 2 GB RAM (new clean install).

Then I installed the newest DVBViewer Pro.

I successfully removed the EHTRAY.EXE file from /windows/ehome/ and use the MCE2005 Remote Plugin within DVBViewer Pro. I assigned all remote buttons.

The strange thing is the MCE-remote only works if I open the EPG-window before I go into fullscreen mode (OSD). When I close the EPG-window, the remote stops working. If I open the EPG-window again, the remote starts working again.

Anybody having the same problem with DVBViewer - Vista64 - MCE2005 ???

Seems like a bug to me....

Having the same problem.

Installed vista x64 sp1yesterday, Have Intel C2D And 4GB Ram. Worked for a while. today it doesn't Reinstalled DVBViewer and still no success. numeric buttons do work.

• 2 weeks later...

I did have same problem, but i found out that if i manually started ehtray.exe, and then after a few seconds make an "end process" of the ehtray.exe in the taskmanager, then everything works fine.

Maybe vista needs to make some initiation of some other processes with the help of ehtray.exe!?!?

Hope this help...

BR

// UiP

• 2 weeks later...