About the interactive function...

BenLeung

I live in hong kong

and there are the interactive function activited in our local TV Company...

But out TV Company using MHEG-5 for the interactive function...

I know there's a plugin that can get the interactive data.

But I think if we can use the interactive function inside DVBViewer will be much better...

I hope you can develop that function on coming Beta version

thanks very much!

I hope the function will be develop before olympics 2008

actaully interactive function will officially launch in the opening day of olympics

and TV Company now testing it(from this week) so the data can be grabbed already

thanks very much!

I´m not quitev sure, wich " interactive function" yuo´re talking about.

If you mean MHP, sorry the developement of this feature has been stopped long time ago, because it´s nearly usless (at least in Europe).

For any other (new) technique the chances are even less.

1. It takes a lot of time coding, testing and implementing such things

2. Afaik there an "interactive function" hasn´t even been mentioned in the past. so I think nobody in the developement team has any knowledge.

As i said befor, the chances are more than minimal for such a thing, allthe mor before or at the olympic games.

Greetz

Pinbot

Hi,

It is new service that start in HK DTV system. I think if you can add this into your software, your sales from HK will be increased for a huge amount as the DVBViewer is the only one PCB software can support this at the moment. Also your software is one of the hotest software for the PC DTV players in HK. I wish you guys can consider our requirement.

Hmmmmmm...... considering...... no, dont think so.

The concept of the DVBV isn´t commercial in the first place. It´s more or less a community project with (unfortunately) very few skilled Members active in the Softwaredevelopement.

Those guys do their work voluntarily and without any payment. The amount you pay goes to the core developer, but you can´t name it payment in term of "Money for Work".

To make a long Story short, unless one of the community members/coders ist interested in this task, it is very very unlikly that there will ever be a solution for your "Problem".

Greetz

Pinbot

• 4 weeks later...

Heck Pinbot what planet are you living on..

First post mentioned MHEG-5 and was used throughout the olympics on near every dvb terrestrial service if not all. And MHEG-5 has been mentioned many times in this forum. In affect you brushed the fellow posters away with inacurate advice, and maybe the DVBViewer devs missed out on a golden oportunity for the OP and others, a big continent to sell and promote DVBViewer into.

Olympic games now over, opportunity missed and gone. Still MHEG-5 would be a good service to implement into DVBViewer, as virtualy no softwares provide for this. It has been done in Nebula DigiTV software, though that company is now gone. Leaving the market open for the taking, who wants to make money, DVBViewer ?

First post mentioned MHEG-5 and was used throughout the olympics on near every dvb terrestrial service if not all.
As fare as i know only UK, New Zealand and Hong Kong using MHEG-5 at the moment. The most country still using MHP. But some county's abandoned the Interactive function alredy. :bounce:

who wants to make money, DVBViewer ?
Do you think if main goal of the DVBViewer where to make as much money as possible it would cost only one time 15 €? ;)
Do you think if main goal of the DVBViewer where to make as much money as possible it would cost only one time 15 €? :blink:

DVBViewer doesn't seem to be something done for money. Is it supposed to be a research or experiment for next generation technology? I never ever find a competitive commercial program like this. Although there are quite a lot defects, it is still a great software that I ever have. Also unlike support centres of most commercial websites where majority of technical problems are unsolved, moderators here are very keen on solving all technical issues. On the other hand, I did raise a few licence issues under another topic, although those are my genuine questions, nobody really bother to answer any of them. Maybe we need to pay just to ensure we are the genuine users and to avoid people abuse of this program. ;)

• 11 months later...