Subtitles settings change

joukom

Subtitles are set to "None" when changing channel or closing DVBViewer 3.9.4.0.

Technisat CableStar 2 PCI, driver: SkyNET.sys, ver. 4.3.0.999 or 4.04.00.9999 (Device Manager seems to unsure of this?!) , by B2C2 Inc.

Mainboard: Asus M2NPV-VM, Nvidia GeForce 6150 GPU, nForce 430 MCP

Craphics: Onboards GeForce 6150, with Nvidia driver ver. 8.2.0.5

support.zip

Same thing here, DVB subtitles do not stay enabled anymore. I have to manually select them after channel change, this is very annoying.

Problem came with upgrade to 3.9.4.0, older 3.9.2.0 worked fine.

Same thing here, DVB subtitles do not stay enabled anymore.
My 3.9.4 works fine abd DVB subs are enabled as earlier ( I have options / subtitle "enable if available selected")
My 3.9.4 works fine abd DVB subs are enabled as earlier ( I have options / subtitle "enable if available selected")

At upgrading other settings seem to be the same they were before the upgrade. I looked at my options, and, yes, it wasn't selected. Switch it back on and now it works again. Problem solved. Thanks.

I have the same issue. The DVB subtitles does not come automatically visible. If I want to see subtitles I have to select them always manually. Also when using timeshifting and going back in time the subtitles disappear and to get them back you have to go to live broadcast.

I did not had this issue before upgrading to 3.9.4.0. If I remember right there where some tweaks to subtitles for this version and maybe these might have caused the issues we are facing currently?

Previous version worked like a charm regarding subtitles.

Edited by jakeh
Same thing here, DVB subtitles do not stay enabled anymore. I have to manually select them after channel change, this is very annoying.

I had "Enable if available" checked, no luck.

But, I did complete uninstall of DVBViewer, removed personal configuration folder and ran CClean to clean up registry. Once that done I did DVBViewer 3.9.4.0 install from scratch and now subtitles work OK. It seems that old config file was corrupted somehow.

I have the same issue. The DVB subtitles does not come automatically visible. If I want to see subtitles I have to select them always manually. Also when using timeshifting and going back in time the subtitles disappear and to get them back you have to go to live broadcast.

I did not had this issue before upgrading to 3.9.4.0. If I remember right there where some tweaks to subtitles for this version and maybe these might have caused the issues we are facing currently?

Previous version worked like a charm regarding subtitles.

Hi

I have the same subtitle problem too - that is, when watching live TV (or YLE DVB-T channels here in Finland).

Subtitles work fine (and do switch on automatically) when playing back recorded programs from those channels (in .ts format).

I have tried this on several machines (XP home, Vista home premium), both by upgrading on top of existing 3.9.2.0 and with fresh installs).

The erlier version 3.9.2.0 worked like a charm in this respect.

BR

Markku

Same DVB subtitle problem here

• 4 weeks later...
Unfortenately it does not work anymore with playback. Only none is in the list, I wonder why, also teletext subtitles does not see (both can be seen by using VLC) I tried also older DVBV version but same thing (old version uses same conficuration / setup files as new versions)

Is there some change happend? They definately worked earlier with the very same recordings. In Live broadcast they work OK.

Unfortenately it does not work anymore with playback. Only none is in the list, I wonder why
Finally I found the reason. I did not have "use DVBSource for Mpeg files" selected in settings/directX.
o/

And here, same problem.

Hi fellow DVBViewers.

I just tried with 3.9.4.40 (beta) and it also has this subtitle issue.

Is there still something we could do to escalate this to developers (obviously they have even more urgent things to fix - but at least to get this on the to_do list)?

Also attached my support.zip as required.

BR

Markku

support.zip

When I have DVBsubtiles selected in YLEs channel (and also selected in settings if availble) and if I close DVBV and open it again there is teletext subtitles active instead. So for some reason it seems that automatic selection "if availabe" does not work anymore as it used to work. (3.9.4.0 and 3.9.4.40 beta)

In many case selection is first "none" and when first teletext appears the teletext is selected automatically. But this is not in 100% of cases, also DVBsubtiles has been active maybe 15% of attempts so selection seems to be quite random, maybe which comes first: first teletext subs or dvbsubs.

When I have DVBsubtiles selected in YLEs channel (and also selected in settings if availble) and if I close DVBV and open it again there is teletext subtitles active instead. So for some reason it seems that automatic selection "if availabe" does not work anymore as it used to work. (3.9.4.0 and 3.9.4.40 beta)

In many case selection is first "none" and when first teletext appears the teletext is selected automatically. But this is not in 100% of cases, also DVBsubtiles has been active maybe 15% of attempts so selection seems to be quite random, maybe which comes first: first teletext subs or dvbsubs.

Hi.

This is precisely what happens in my case too.

Thanks for putting it in understandable form.

BR

Markku

Hi.

This is precisely what happens in my case too.

Thanks for putting it in understandable form.

BR

Markku

Hello again.

Just briefly tried the latest DVBViewer beta (3.9.4.61).

It seems to me that the DVB-T subtitle issue has been solved now. Please have a go with this too to make sure.

BR

Markku ;)