Can not register anymore

TKorho

Hello,

I've been DVBViewer for some time now. I'm extremely happy with the picture quality and the product overall.

But after a computer update (changed CPU, motherboard, memories, some disks) I can not activate the product anymore. I can give the user name and password, and the program 'accepts' the values. I can see the Firewall passing traffic from the DVBViewer.exe. I have tried to check the registry settings that there are only one "set" of DVBViewer registry values etc. But it doesn't work: DVBViewer does not activate. Especially when trying to record something, it lasts only few seconds and the program makes another query, and shuts down. ==> I can't record at all, and also regular viewing it shuts down at (longer) intervals.

I still see DVBViewer communicating outside, and Firewall is "allow all traffic from DVBViewer.exe". The DVBViewer contact personnel says that the rights are ok.

What gives? Previously the program worked ok, also recording. Now it doesn't. What do you think, what's stopping it from activating?

Vista64? deinstall it and install it with the setup program and make sure you enter your data correctly in the setup program.

No, it's XP.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and the data is coming by cut/copy from the DVBViewer code-email.

I have also removed the whole directory to avoid possible remains, and tried to see the registry settings, if they would point to some ancient installation from before the upgrade.

I have Agnitum Outpost Security Suite Firewall, which can also block some IPC communications, but I have been careful to allow DVBViewer for anything. I do have SVCHOST.exe things blocked, but I think that DVBViewer would communicate directly, not through the OS tools...?

Thanks for the reply! :-)

EDIT: Oh yes, from the Firewall I do see DVBViewer communicating somewhere... so it does exchange information into the net. However the next query pops up eventually, and with record in seconds.

Edited by TKorho

Somehow it is cured.

I don't really know what I did (or which old version it could have been caused by). There were numerous steps that I did.

First, reading some of the previous threads about the similar problems, I did remove all the *CMUV* directories. They were re-created again when I run the program next time. This alone did not fix the problem, but could be somewhow connected, for example removing some old stuff. Then I tried "modifying" DVBViewer, through the application from the DVBViewer application icons in Start menu and "support" sub-menu. There I used something like "fix" or reinstall or something similar. There were again some more or less unclear situations here, so I can not sure exactly which parts worked or fixed it.

Then I also went through all the registry settings and made sure they all pointed to the correct location.

After re-entering some passwords. Well, now I can timeshift and record.

There was something peculiar here, since I really made a whole new Windows installation. To save the channel information I copied the files over the first new installation. This left something broken in the settings, now by "modifying" the installation I have it fixed. Oh, and I did lose the channels anyway and I had to re-scan them. :-/