BBC HD - Convergance Problems ?

fxv1

Anyone noticing convergance issues on BBC HD. I can confirm the picture is OK on VitginMedia cable but via SAT it is not. If you tune in to the olympics this can be seen...not sure if this is just on that transmission. LUX HD displays OK. The problem can be seen on the olympic symbol where the colours on the rings bleed onto each other. I know this was a symptom of tube TVs but this seems the best way to describe this. I have included a picture. Can this be caused by a codec ?

I will check back later on other programmes.

Frank

post-63025-1218878350_thumb.jpg

Anyone noticing convergance issues on BBC HD. I can confirm the picture is OK on VitginMedia cable but via SAT it is not. If you tune in to the olympics this can be seen...not sure if this is just on that transmission. LUX HD displays OK. The problem can be seen on the olympic symbol where the colours on the rings bleed onto each other. I know this was a symptom of tube TVs but this seems the best way to describe this. I have included a picture. Can this be caused by a codec ?

I will check back later on other programmes.

Frank

Well ....a solution ??.....I tried all sort of codecs and whatever I did it was consistent on most codecs so it had to be down to the video drivers in some way. I messed around with the CCC settings till I was about to throw the GPU in the bin but checked for any updates and CCC 8.8 loomed. D/L and installed (yes this time there was no problem with the installation) and the colours lined up nicely with DXVA turned on. Not sure if this brings its' ownbugs but we'll see.

Will be interested if someone else had my issues and fixed with CCC 8.8