HD TV with HDCP content

Gerry Miles

There is a new service in the UK called freesat. Lately a Station called ITVHD has started to transmit, using the cannel editor it is possible to received this station. But when recording a recent film the video on playback is just a vizualiser. I am suspecting that this video stream has HDCP imbedded. Is the DVB Program capable of playing back this type of video stream when being played to an HDCP capable monitor?

Gerry :

HDCP, who told you that? Use the search function and record the TS with the latest dvbviewer_pro beta..

Thanks for the followup, Because I only saw a visualiser when playing back the ITVHD recording I gathered the TS was not being translated by DVBViewer perhaps it was HDCP added. I see the latest Beta has corrected a descriptor when recording ITVHD ,Downloaded this one, I will try next time ITV transmit an HD program.

Here is a reply from Humax when I queried the ITVHD transmissions with them. That is when they produce a Freesat PVR.

Quote From Humax

"The ITV HD channel was made exclusively for freesat

This means it is locked for all other units

You will not be able to record to an external source from the HD channels as one of the specifications made by freesat, was the restrictions on the component for copyright reasons

We will be releasing a unit towards the end of 2008/start of 2009 with a built in HD and will allow you to record from the HD channels

You may find this more suitable to your needs"

Of course I have edited the channels to receive ITVHD and it works well, now awaiting C4HD.

The picture is good on DVBViewer but with a full screen of detail to be moved it is still a little jerky. My STB Humax HDC-2000 is smooth but alas it's not a PVR.

Happy with DVBViewer, I'm wodering if a PCI tuner will be better than the USB one I have.

Thanks again Derrick

Gerry

Thanks for the followup, Because I only saw a visualiser when playing back the ITVHD recording I gathered the TS was not being translated by DVBViewer perhaps it was HDCP added. I see the latest Beta has corrected a descriptor when recording ITVHD ,Downloaded this one, I will try next time ITV transmit an HD program.

Here is a reply from Humax when I queried the ITVHD transmissions with them. That is when they produce a Freesat PVR.

Quote From Humax

You will not be able to record to an external source from the HD channels as one of the specifications made by freesat, was the restrictions on the component for copyright reasons

We will be releasing a unit towards the end of 2008/start of 2009 with a built in HD and will allow you to record from the HD channels

Of course I have edited the channels to receive ITVHD and it works well, now awaiting C4HD.

The picture is good on DVBViewer but with a full screen of detail to be moved it is still a little jerky. My STB Humax HDC-2000 is smooth but alas it's not a PVR.

Happy with DVBViewer, I'm wodering if a PCI tuner will be better than the USB one I have.

Thanks again Derrick

Gerry

I have now loaded Pro 3.9.4.25

This channel ITVHD cannot be searched for you have to edit all the PIDS etc: using another channel "Britshorts" and then rename it ITVHD.

Quote From Humax

Thanks again Derrick

Gerry

This channel ITVHD cannot be searched for you have to edit all the PIDS etc: using another channel "Britshorts" and then rename it ITVHD.

Quote From Humax

Thanks again Derrick

Gerry

This channel ITVHD cannot be searched for, you have to edit all the PIDS etc: using another channel "Britshorts" and then rename it ITVHD.

It can now be viewed with audio as normal but when you play back a recording only the audio is decoded and then a visualiser appears.

As you are recording the recording status says it is recording the Video.

This still makes me think the recorded stream is not standard. As you are recording the PC Monitor is showing the picture, my monitor has hdcp support, I am suspecting that DVBViewer does not decode a stream like this when playing back. But against my theory is the fact that the timeshift works.

Gerry 20/08/08

Edited by Gerry Miles