DVBV and CI module

magwitch

Hi there,

I have the optional CI module connected to a Skystar HD2, but DVBviewerPro V.3.9.4.0 doesn't recognise it.

In Settings - Options - Hardware, I have 'CI Module' ticked, but 'External CI (experimental)' is greyed out.

Am I missing a file in the DVBViewer folder, or do I need a driver for the CI module?

Regards, Magwitch

Hi there,

I have the optional CI module connected to a Skystar HD2, but DVBviewerPro V.3.9.4.0 doesn't recognise it.

In Settings - Options - Hardware, I have 'CI Module' ticked, but 'External CI (experimental)' is greyed out.

Am I missing a file in the DVBViewer folder, or do I need a driver for the CI module?

Regards, Magwitch

I can give you only a very little help, saying that's right 'External CI (experimental)' is greyed out cause

it lists 'external' CI like WinTV CI USB or Terratec CI USB. Don't know but don't think your CI need to

select from that menu. Make sure your CI works fine with included or adviced software, then it

should work in DVBViewer also.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Lars, I believe it's a Twinhan VP-1041//Azurewave ADSP400 rebadge. There seems to be a couple of versions of the Skystar HD2.

I don't have the Technotrend setup files, all I have is the Technisat driver/application CD that came with the card.

Regards, Magwitch

Well twinhan works without problems with CI. So (based on the informations you gave) it must be a problem of the CAM module.

OK, thanks. I'll investigate further.

Magwitch

This topic finally reveals to be interesting for me. I just added a new floppy DTV to my old DVBViewer installation. It seems to work well, but I never added FloppyDTV CI support in setup. What kind of functionality adds? And can I simply add missing component without reinstalling DVBV?

• 1 month later...

Hi Lars MQ

Where i find the technotrend support dll in the setup -> additional downloads and whats the name of the dll and where i put in the *.dll file?

Can you write in german ?

Florix