Some Newbie questions

Simonlee

Hello

I've just joined this forum because someone told me DVBViewer can do Digital TV program subtitle recording. I'm in Australia. I was told that in Australia substitles are teletext based, DNTV live that requires to use VMR7 to show subtitles. Would DVBViewer really enable TV program subtitle recording?

The order manual shows DVBViewer costs 15 EURO and there is a lot of update. So how much do I actually need to pay?

I use laptop to watch tv and my dongle is WandTV DVB-T USB 2.0, which is not on the tool list. Can I still use it or do I need to get another one? And anyone has suggestions which one is suitable and how to get it?

Please advise.

Thanks

Simon

I've just joined this forum because someone told me DVBViewer can do Digital TV program subtitle recording. I'm in Australia. I was told that in Australia substitles are teletext based, DNTV live that requires to use VMR7 to show subtitles. Would DVBViewer really enable TV program subtitle recording?
In the *.ts Format it is possible to record DVB and Teletext Subtitle (it is necessity to enable it in the Options > Recoderser).

The order manual shows DVBViewer costs 15 EURO and there is a lot of update. So how much do I actually need to pay?
Still 15€ this includes the right to use future Versions :)

http://www.DVBViewer.com/en/index.php?page=ordering

I use laptop to watch tv and my dongle is WandTV DVB-T USB 2.0, which is not on the tool list. Can I still use it or do I need to get another one?
If ther are BDA Driver (for Windows Media Center) it should work. You can test it with Transedit MMC.

Thank you for your information.

I'm not so sure what that transedit means. I've got the transedit demo run, showing transponders:50, then click scan all, a pop up menu "scanner" comes and found 31. So does that mean my existing stick works with DVBViewer? and those channels found can be received with DVBViewer? I find many channels are actually duplicated. Is it normal?

Please advise.

Thanks

If you found channels with TransEdit MMC DVBViewer Pro should work with this device to.

Hi

I paid through paypal half an hour ago for the DVBViewer but under another email address because paypal need me to do registration and the other email address is my commonly use one. What next now? Only receive confirmation from paypal. Anything I need to do to get your software?

Hi

I paid through paypal half an hour ago for the DVBViewer but under another email address because paypal need me to do registration and the other email address is my commonly use one. What next now? Only receive confirmation from paypal. Anything I need to do to get your software?

Hello

I've just got login information and login to download centre. Thanks

But in the customer area, there are a whole hip of applications. Many many applications. Would anyone please tell me what I need to download? Thanks

Hello

I've just got login information and login to download centre. Thanks

But in the customer area, there are a whole hip of applications. Many many applications. Would anyone please tell me what I need to download? Thanks

3rd one down in members section

» Description: DVBViewer

» Version: V3.9.4.0

3rd one down in members section

» Description: DVBViewer

» Version: V3.9.4.0

Hello

I've got installed the program. Thanks.

Here is the support.zip

There are a few problems.

1) recorder already set .ts format, DVB subtitle and everything following the tutorial in the forum. but even record the tv program in .ts file, there is no subtitle from open video playback. the subtitle throughout playback show none. The file of that record is too big that I cannot upload here.

2) when playing tv program, the subtitle showings always delay significantly even I set the delay in subtitle option to 100 only.

3) when playing tv program, the pictures tend to be frozen in a regular fashion.

4) after playing tv program for a while, about half an hour, the whole screen flash and turn black and picture come back and turn black again and picture come back and turn black again that keep going on like that. the only way is to exit and reload DVBViewer. While doing recording, I have captured all the 1), 3) and 4) problem. but the file is too big to upload here.

5) there are 5 channel 7 and 3 channel 9, but channel 7 HD and channel 9 HD do not have sound. completely silent even turn volume to 100. The other 4 channel 7 and 2 channel 9 are ok.

I hope the support.zip would help anyone to sort out the problem.

Thanks

support.zip

I can see subtitle on recording playback now. Thanks.

I downloaded ac3filter_1_51a.

1) not sure whether this is a correct one? there are about 7 other filters available.

2) where should I install? In c:\program files\ac3filter or change to c:\program files\DVBViewer

3) after install, how to get it setup in DVBViewer? should I see it under ac3 audio decoder drop down menu?

In directX, audio renderer is set as default directsound device. Do I need to change this one as well?

There are 2 ulead in MPEG2 video decoder dropdown menu, ulead mpeg video decoder and ulead dvd decoder 2. Which one should I choose? or where could I find a power dvd demo? I can't find anything in customer area. And also can't find cyberlink?

Please advise.

Thanks.

1) AC3Filter 1.51a Installer

2) where should I install? In c:\program files\ac3filter
Yes
3)should I see it under ac3 audio decoder drop down menu?
Yes

In directX, audio renderer is set as default directsound device. Do I need to change this one as well?
No, Default DirectSound Device is in most cases the best choice.

There are 2 ulead in MPEG2 video decoder dropdown menu, ulead mpeg video decoder and ulead dvd decoder 2. Which one should I choose?
I would first tray ulead mpeg.

or where could I find a power dvd demo?
Search the Internet for a PowerDVD Demo it is a DVD Playback Program.

I've got audio done. The sound comes back for HD channels. Thank you very much. But the volume is quite low, say 100 for HD channel is the same loud as 50 for the other channel. Is it OK? Or is something wrong with my audio card? But mine is a notebook, cannot change hardware inside!

powerdvd in the internet, either not available for vista, or 30 days trial. I downloaded a cyberlink live basic 2.1.0.3214 build. Don't know what is it? Is it a powerdvd? Should I install it? Or any suggestions?

Please advise.

Thanks.

I've got audio done. The sound comes back for HD channels. Thank you very much. But the volume is quite low, say 100 for HD channel is the same loud as 50 for the other channel. Is it OK?
Yes, most AC3 audio channels have less volume than the mpeg audio channels.

Hello hdv

I've installed powerdvd8 trial version. looks like a bit improved. Still watching the development.

I've just realised sometimes the subtitles could be gone and I have to exit and reload DVBViewer to get subtitle back. Without changing channel, just one program finished and follow by no subtitle advertising and then another program with subtitle. In one instance, when watching SBS2, the subtitle menu under settings tab got "none" only and another instance, while watching channel 9 digital, it got "none", "teletext 801", "closed caption 1", "closed caption 2", "closed caption 3", "closed caption 4" 6 chooses altogether but none give subtitle showing. After reloaded DVBViewer, it came back to normal. The current support.zip is attached.

Got some other questions. I can't tune abc & channel 10. While scanning, I noticed only low band channels were tuned. Once it scanned to higher band, nothing found. Just exactly what was described in the manual. Either it is due to old lnb or something wrong with the usb dvb-t stick . Now if I replace the dvb-t stick, what should I do to set up DVBViewer? Your manual only show how to install the program when all hardware are ready. Should I uninstall everything and then reinstall everything again with the new stick? Any shortcut to keep my current settings?

Does DVBViewer support dual tuner stick, watching one channel and recording another channel? I did several searches over forum but came up with thousands of German. How to do English only search? Also I read through the features and manual, still can't find it? Would you please point out where or how to find these topics?

I'm also thinking about buying a more powerful laptop.

1) Can I transfer the program to another laptop?

2) At the moment, the tv pictures I can see is still freeze in a regular fashion, like slow motion. My laptop has a 128mb video card. Should I look for a 256mb or a higher 512mb video card to get this problem fixed? Would that help?

3) Is running DVBViewer a multi-task work, video audio subtitle, recording all &/or dual channels operations (if any)? I mean should I wait for Q6600 processor quad-core one to come up, or just a higher rank dual-core one say intel T9XXX series would be sufficient to ensure smooth pictures?

support.zip