DiSEqC positioner 'More options'

maxxxxel

Hi

I have a Stab HH 120 DiSEqC 1.2 motor which works great in DVBViewer. I have tried Fastsatfinder 2.7 trial veriosn to search for new satellites but it will not move the motor.

I would like to know if there is anyway DVBViewer could have a feature in the DiSEqC positioner option that shows signal strength. I think the best thing would be that you could

set satellite and transponder with a signal strength meter and the move the dish from EAST to WEST in steps

Also when viewing channels the signal strength green bar always shows 94% is this a bug?

cheers

Edited by maxxxxel
  • 1 month later...

My setup is:-

Skystar 2HD

V Box II (made by Moteck)

DVBViewer 3.9.4

Basically we need a "Tuning" page where signal strength is shown continuously.

For people without a V Box it converts Diseqc into a drive voltage to move large dishes about, they store between 32 and 128 positions depending on manufacturer.

The only way i can use the system at the moment is to use the V Box disconnected, as nearly every time I boot DVBViewer it tries to power my dish into its end stops, either way, randomly! I'd like to know what command it sends when it starts as its quite dangerous if people have walls and things there dishes can hit!

I am lucky to have an excel spread sheet with all my dish positions on so at least i can motor around to a known position, it would be impossible at present if I were to try and set this up with DVBViewer.

Hope a tuning page gets on the priority list :-)

Its also a bit confusing how you add satellites, I've noticed this with a lot of recievers as well, they are all designed for fixed installs first and the streerable seems to be a bit of an after thought.

Logically to me you should be able to:-

1) pick a satellite (or name one)

2) move your dish to search the sky to locate it using the "Tuning page to find a known transponder"

3) store its position

4) then do a full channel scan, or use the import channel function, (I've managed to get DVBViewer to import .sdx from World Of Satellites so I have all the free to view channels automatically stored.)

Hope that all makes sense

I would be very happy to hear from anyone that has any solutions to any of the above

Regards

Stuboy

Also when viewing channels the signal strength green bar always shows 94% is this a bug?

Not a DVBViewer bug. It's just the value reported by the driver as signal quality. Same with my Nova S2 HD. There is no known BDA driver that provides reliable resp. usable signal strength / quality values - unfortunately a topic that is heavily neglected by the hardware manufacturers and the Microsoft specifications, which are quite unclear in this respect.