Twinhan 7047S DVB-T USB2.0 TV Stick

Simonlee

Way trying with TransEdit MMC if you have DVBViewer Pro already?

Every time you install new Driver go to DVBViewer > Options > Hardware > search device.

Please advise where can I download one compatible with Vista.
On the Twinhan page (here) is only one BDA Driver for the 7047. If this do not work with Vista, i think you can only ask Twinhan.
Way trying with TransEdit MMC if you have DVBViewer Pro already?

Every time you install new Driver go to DVBViewer > Options > Hardware > search device.

On the Twinhan page (here) is only one BDA Driver for the 7047. If this do not work with Vista, i think you can only ask Twinhan.

After a thousand time of uninstall & reinstall everything, I finally reach a stage that I can watch free to air TV. I don't know what makes that changes because nothing new has been actually installed. But now the big problem is the extremely low % reading (1% - 3% only) shown in the bottom section of the program as shown in pic3.jpg. When recording subtitle, that created an error .ts file that subtitle cannot be shown in other software.

Another rare situation is that I do have a REALTEK 2831U_BDA filter installed. But TransEdit cannot see it. It always shows no required dvb available.

Is there any solution? especially anything I can do to correct the extremely low % reading? Thanks.

support.zip

post-66454-1220465052_thumb.jpg

Do you restive a god signal with the bundled TV application?

The bundled tv application gave approx 49% - 55% signal strength. When the quality climbed above 70%, that frequency would give one group of channels (they're actually the same channel with different names). Theoretically, DVBViewer should show at least 49% when showing a valid channel. But it now only show 1% to the highest of 5% (so far I can find up to date).

I've got another quite lousy usb dvb-t stick but DVBViewer could show at least 60% for all valid channels. The only problem is that stick can only tune a few channels. So according to your "SUPPORTED DVB DEVICES" menu, I find "TWINHAN DVB-T USB", and therefore I bought one to try fixing the problem. But it didn't. I found that with the old stick, DVBViewer hardware option can actually read that device "USB DVB-T TV TUNER". But with Twinhan stick, it can only read "REALTEK 2831_BDA FILTER", which is not the tuner. Nor TransEdit can read this device at all.

The next problem was that I did try to ask help support from Twinhan for more than a week, trying to contacting them everyday. But its website cannot link up to support centre, email address not working and help desk is no man land! Maybe I should post this to the suggestions & ideas section. PLEASE MAKE RESERVATIONS TO YOUR LISTING OF "TWINHAN DVB-T USB", WARNING NOT ALL TWINHAN DVB-T USB IS COMPATIBLE WITH DVBViewer. ANYONE BOUGHT THESE PRODUCTS MAY NOT GET HELP FROM TWINHAN. IF NOT SURE, PLEASE CHOOSE SOMETHING ELSE.

Thanks

It sounds as if the first thing to look at is your aerial as you should expect much more than 55% or even 70% unless you're a long way from the local transmitter.

It sounds as if the first thing to look at is your aerial as you should expect much more than 55% or even 70% unless you're a long way from the local transmitter.

Yes, I accept that my aerial can only give me 60% of available free to air channels for DVB-T sticks. But with that 60% valid channels I can receive with the bundled tv applications, DVBViewer gave none of them an acceptable %. As I wrote previously, only 1%-5%. And TransEdit cannot even see this stick.

I sent the previous post only tried to save DVBViewer reputation. If any fool like me take the "SUPPORTED DVB DEVICES" menu info seriously and bought incompatible Twinhan products again, that only produced another annoying user. Once again, Twinhan is NOT a user friendly website and at the moment, there is no way to contact its support centre at all. So PLEASE BEFORE BUYING TWINHAN PRODUCTS, MAKE SURE YOU WON'T REGRET THAT.