Can't see BBC HD in DVBViewer (but I can hear)

gohan2091

I'm using DVBViewer 3.9.2.0 with my Hauppauge WinTV HVR-4000 card and I have access to all free to air Astra 2/Eurobird channels. When I go to BBC HD, I can hear the sound but the picture is all wavy and I cannot see what is being shown. When I press the record button and play back the recording in Media Player Classic however, I can see BBC HD fine so I'm guessing it's something to do with DVBViewer? I have tried changing the video rendering from Vista Enhanced to VMR7/9 and overlay with no luck, either the picture is wavy or I see a blank screen. There is an option beside video rendering called H.264 video decoder and this is set ffdshow video decoder. When I go to ffdshow. under H.264/AVC it is set to libavcodec (the only other option is disabled)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

and this is set ffdshow video decoder.

ffdshow as H.264 decoder is not compatible with DVBViewer. No alternatives in the dropdown list? A H.264 decoder should have been installed with the HVR 4000 software - CyberLink, I guess. You may also search the forum for ArcSoft. There is a free trial that contains a good H.264 decoder.

ffdshow as H.264 decoder is not compatible with DVBViewer. No alternatives in the dropdown list? A H.264 decoder should have been installed with the HVR 4000 software - CyberLink, I guess. You may also search the forum for ArcSoft. There is a free trial that contains a good H.264 decoder.

Thanks, I'm using the Arcsoft H.264 decoder (full version)... works great in DVBViewer