No OSD/Subtitle when using EVR with Intel G43/X4500

john.smith

Does anyone share the same problem that OSD is not shown or subtitle cannot be displayed when using EVR (latest patch for Vista 32bit) with the Intel G43/G45 X4500/HD latest driver (1537)?

Everything else works just fine (except HD content may exhibit color displacements), and interestingly when I pause live TV when timeshifting, all the subtitle of the past content will be displayed properly (with the right time sync), OSD (volume bar, for example) will be on display as expected.

What can cause this problem?

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone share the same problem that OSD is not shown or subtitle cannot be displayed when using EVR (latest patch for Vista 32bit) with the Intel G43/G45 X4500/HD latest driver (1537)?

Everything else works just fine (except HD content may exhibit color displacements), and interestingly when I pause live TV when timeshifting, all the subtitle of the past content will be displayed properly (with the right time sync), OSD (volume bar, for example) will be on display as expected.

What can cause this problem?

i got the same problem too!!

how can i solve it?

• 2 months later...
Graphicsdriver problem.

Have to add that indeed EVR mode doesn't work with OSD in DVBViewer with Intel latest drivers, but this doesn't mean that it is a driver problem. Mediaplayer Classic Homecinema can display in EVR subtitles and OSD, so it can be done, maybe differently than the way DVBViewer does it.

Since Mediaplayer Classic Homecinema is open source, can the DVBViewer developers check what is different? Thus they can either provide a patch that works also under G45 or tell us which directx call doesn't work as it should under G45 so that we can request a fix from intel.

EVR is critical so DXVA H264 acceleration can work.

Tested with betas up to 3.9.4.99

Edited by Malakoudis S. Panagiotis

I use Cyberlink TVEnhance EVR mode in Vista 32 to watch HDTV in Hong Kong. Hardware acceleration is working.

OSD/subtitile can be shown too. Whenever a new subtitle line is displayed, a little flash on screen can be seen.

It's not obvious but it's still not perfect. So I'm still waiting for DVBViewer new debugged versions to come.

And I'm sure this is not Intel driver problem.

• 8 months later...

I installed new graphics driver 15.13.4 (7.15.10.1829) yesterday, and now OSD works ! Not always, but works ! Sometimes OSD is OK, but sometimes is very dark.

Is there any chances to correct this problem in next version of DVBViewer ?

driver 15.13 (7.15.10.1659) - no OSD

http://scanya.republika.pl/pics/driver_15_13_no_OSD.jpg

driver 15.13.4 (7.15.10.1829) - OSD is OK

http://scanya.republika.pl/pics/driver_15_13_4_OSD_is_OK.jpg

driver 15.13.4 (7.15.10.1829) - OSD is very dark

http://scanya.republika.pl/pics/driver_15_...s_very_dark.jpg

support.zip

Edited by scanya

Hmm, I have the same problem with Intel GMA 4500MHD on Windows 7 x64, at desktop PC it shows fine... I hope this will be fixed in future driver versions ;)

• 5 months later...