DVBViewer crash when starts on second monitor

Noradu.cz

Hello, I have following problem, my DVBViewer crash when starts on second monitor (it starts normaly on primary, but i closed the DVBV window on second monitor last time and DVBViewer remember last window position). I can only start DVBViewer in safe mode and move it to primary monitor and then start it again in normal mode, than when its running i can even move it to second monitor without problem. Is there any way to solve this crash? or at least to force DVBViewer window to start on primary monitor where it won't crash. The error message screenshot and support.zip is attached bellow.

My configuration:

C2D e6750+Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 / intel P35

DVB-T: Terratec Cinergy 2400i (latest drivers 1.1.0.283a)

MSI GeForce 8800GT / forceware 175.19

Windows XP SP3

post-66416-1220806140_thumb.jpg

support.zip

• 4 months later...
Hello, I have following problem, my DVBViewer crash when starts on second monitor (it starts normaly on primary, but i closed the DVBV window on second monitor last time and DVBViewer remember last window position). I can only start DVBViewer in safe mode and move it to primary monitor and then start it again in normal mode, than when its running i can even move it to second monitor without problem. Is there any way to solve this crash? or at least to force DVBViewer window to start on primary monitor where it won't crash. The error message screenshot and support.zip is attached bellow.

My configuration:

C2D e6750+Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 / intel P35

DVB-T: Terratec Cinergy 2400i (latest drivers 1.1.0.283a)

MSI GeForce 8800GT / forceware 175.19

Windows XP SP3

I too get this problem, support.zip attached.

Any ideas?

support.zip

post-74880-1233741149_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I too get this problem, support.zip attached.

Any ideas?

Same problem here too, in fact, its only after seeing your message I realised it was only when it was starting on the second monitor that is was freezing. My work around is to disable the last channel remembered. That way the program will at least start running on the second monitor, then you have to temporarily drag it over to the other to select your channel and then drag it back. Not very elegant but so far seems to work. A proper fix would be nice. It seems ok once its running on 2nd monitor, you can then change channels ok, it only happens at start up.

Funny thing is, I don't remember seeing this when I first installed V4, maybe I just never had it on the other monitor!

Donald

support.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem here and have narrowed it down to a former nVidia driver corrupting something.

Whenever i start a video or switch a channel while the viewer resides on the second monitor it will crash.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers doesn't help. The problem is persistent.

I managed to set up a fresh XP with the drivers from Windows update that doesn't exhibit that behaviour.

I don't have a solution for my current installation though.

• 1 month later...

In the settings section under the options tab, there is an option to enable OSD fix for nvidia devices. I chose 'yes' for this as it was set to 'no' and it cured my problem of not being able to have the dispaly on my second monitor. No idea if this is a fix or not but it worked for me.

Gary