EPG bug

minix

• 4 weeks later...
I start the DVBViewer. The EPG can't show some channel program. But when I restart the DVBViewer, the EPG can show.
I have DVBV running almost hole the time in PC which I use for recordings. Quite often some (always same) channels has lost the EPG data (at least part of it) but they will appear if I shut down DVBV and start it again.

I your case, have you waited long enough, sometimes it takes time before the data comes.

I have DVBV running almost hole the time in PC which I use for recordings. Quite often some (always same) channels has lost the EPG data (at least part of it) but they will appear if I shut down DVBV and start it again.

I your case, have you waited long enough, sometimes it takes time before the data comes.

Hi.

I also have an always-on DVBViewer doing my scheduled recorings. I frequently experience similar missing EPG data problem (both on XP and Vista), often this appears on certain channels only (most often ch. Nelonen in Finland) - but there are exceptions to this.

The only cure which works is to restart the DVBViewer. I have to restart the programme say twice a week.

I haven't noticed any difference between the current release or earlier ones.

Is there anything I could try to debug this?

BR

Markku

I think the problem is somehow related to situation where EPG-data changes. I have noticed that when program schedule is suddenly changes i.e. special news program is transmitted and other programs are delayed or canceled. Then EPG information for rest of the day for that channel is not shown.

Another problem is that Nelonen and JIM (another channel by same provider) occasionally loose their EPG info. This might be due to same problem, maybe their EPG-data changes a bit, although I cannot confirm that.

Another problem is that Nelonen and JIM (another channel by same provider) occasionally loose their EPG info. This might be due to same problem, maybe their EPG-data changes a bit, although I cannot confirm that.
It definately has something to do with the provider but since all data is available after restarting the DVBV, something hopefully could be also done in DVBV side also.

It would be nice to have some kind of auto-update if EPG-data is lost. Restart of DVBV always works but it's not very convenient. Nelonen/Jim data disappears very often. And I think it's getting worse every day.

But it's something to do with the broadcast because my Handan did that also if you left it on for a long time. So I think it's not actually a DVBV bug.

filter options at the bottom set to "All": Still no data?
It is not question of filters, after restart if you wait about 15 sec all missing data will appear
Just to clarify:

The PC is always on? and the viewer is always running (never restartet) and without any Standby or hibernate or reboot of the PC?

In my case PC is on most of the evening and in stand-by during night and day if nothing to record. Reboot maybe once a week or less.

Just to clarify:

The PC is always on? and the viewer is always running (never restartet) and without any Standby or hibernate or reboot of the PC?

Yes. (But iI must restart DVBV sometimes to get EPG data OK).

Always on, DVBV running. Even if you restart at morning, some channels may be missing at the evening.

Just to clarify:

Hi.

In my case this particular PC (with DVBViewer) is on 24/7, no sleep or hibernation. I use this machine only for DVB-T recording.

BR

Markku