hd channels symbolrate 30000

buttonsNI.

there has been a change in the diablo firmware where it now supports symbolrates of 30000mhz

all users of satellite set top boxs are reporting a success on their forums with this new firmware to view some HD channels which run on sr30000mhz.

i cannot view these channels using the DVBViewer software so i have been i contact with the developers of floppydtvs2 card at digital everywhere and explained what has happened and this is what they have said...

"have you test the newest FireDTV Viewer from the new Setup? This version will work with an pid filtering for the problem with the very high bit rate. Please test this version and let me know. If this not work, let me know the exactly firmware version of the CAM. I will test it."

i can confirm that i have tested this new version of firedtv software and indeed it does work . i can now view these high bitrate channels using their software but not using DVBViewer.

personally i do not want to use firedtv software and would perfer to use DVBViewer

will their be an update to the DVBViewer shortly to allow the same pid filtering for the problem channels with the very high bit rate ....?

many thanks

there has been a change in the diablo firmware where it now supports symbolrates of 30000mhz

all users of satellite set top boxs are reporting a success on their forums with this new firmware to view some HD channels which run on sr30000mhz.

It is KSymb/s, not MHz. Symbolrate has nothing to do with the CAM. Probably it had problems with such high datarates that are common to such high symbolrates...

i can confirm that i have tested this new version of firedtv software and indeed it does work . i can now view these high bitrate channels using their software but not using DVBViewer.

Yes, hardware PID filtering is the solution and the DVBViewer has it as well. Just go to DVBViewer's hardware options and disable "Open whole Transponder". Then hardware filters are used.

It is KSymb/s, not MHz. Symbolrate has nothing to do with the CAM. Probably it had problems with such high datarates that are common to such high symbolrates...

Yes, hardware PID filtering is the solution and the DVBViewer has it as well. Just go to DVBViewer's hardware options and disable "Open whole Transponder". Then hardware filters are used.

ok fair enough just tried it there and after a few green pixelated screens it then finally came through,

so does the unticking of open whole transponder have any other effects for any other channels?

thanks