problems with freeview uk

nomis1804

I've just got round to trying out the dvb-t part of my hauppauge hvr-4000 card. I have scanned for channels and it has found only a few of the channels that are on the freeview box (same aerial) and of those I cannot get any picture or sound. DVBViewer shows that the channel should be 720x576 in the status bar so it knows that much. Also when I try and record it outputs 0 byte files.

The WinTV application that came with the card works flawlessly (although it's an absolute crap program!) so there isn't anything wrong with the card.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Information:

type and chipset of the mainboard: ASUS P5KC AiLifestyle Series iP35 Socket 775 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard

graphics card and useed driver version: MSI 8600GT Silent edition 256MB DVI HDTV PCI-E Graphics Card drivers were updated yesterday to latest nvidia.com ones.

support.zip

Edited by nomis1804

I have just tried transedit to scan channels and it seems to have all of them. When I try and preview a channel though I get an error message which reads: Ungultige Gleitkommaoperation. (google translates "Invalid floating point operation").