Suggestions about the Timeshift and the Recorder

amirhs

Hi everybody,

I've been using DVBViewer Pro V3.9.40 for a few days and am truly satisfied with its wide range of features. However, I have a few suggestions for future releases of this application.

1. Currently using timeshift-related features via the keyboard is limited to jumping 12 seconds back and forth. That is, DVBViewer Pro allows users to press Shift+Left and Shift+Right (by default) to move backward/forward in the timeshift. While this is a nice feature, I'd like to be able to increase/decrease the amount of time DVBViewer moves back and forth with each press of these hot keys. I know that mouse users can easily move in the timeshift via a slider, but it's impossible to emulate this via the keyboard. This would be a nice feature addition for us -- the visually impaired -- who can't use the mouse. Alternatively, it would be cool if the timeshift-related slider can become accessible via the keyboard.

2. DVBViewer offers one of the most advanced timeshifting capabilities on the market. However, I'm wondering why its "recorder" can't utilize such flexible timeshifting features. For instance, if you enable timeshift, listen to a radio channel for 20 minutes, jump back 10 minutes via the timeshift and then start recording, DVBViewer doesn't record from the location where you're listening -- it records from the actual position of the broadcast. I know that what I'm asking can be easily achieved via the "Audio Recorder" plugin, but why can't DVBViewer do it without a plugin? I suggest that an option be added to the DVBViewer settings which would allow users to choose if recording should start from the location of the timeshift or the actual location of the broadcast.

3. When listening to a radio channel or watching a TV channel, DVBViewer doesn't display the broadcast time. More important than that, the time isn't displayed when jumping back and forth in the timeshift. Oftentimes it would be necessary to know how long you've moved back in the timeshift and this can be best achieved via the time display. I suggest that both the actual time and the timeshift-related time be displayed on the screen.

Keep up the good work!

1. Use OSD Green/OSD Yellow (F6 and F7) per default.

OSD Green and OSD Yellow are the same as Shift+Left arrow and Shift+Right arrow. What I'm asking for is a mechanism which would allow users to decrease/increase the amount of time each single press of these hot keys skips. Currently with each single key press users move back and forth about 12 seconds.