Encrypted channels on TT S2-3200 With C.I.

Meirssv

Hi,

Just bought DVBViewer. I have the FTA channels up and running, but no pay-TV. I have a mediaguard official TV-Vlaanderen CAM and an official TV-Vlaanderen subscription smartcard. I have downloaded the VC runtime and the TT CAM during install... however, when I look at the 'Hardware' section in options, "External CI (experimental)" still shows 'none'.

I rebooted the PC as well after the install... still no pay-tv :D

Can someone help me please?

Sven

MediaGuard CAM is known to cause problems with TT. But the CAM should at least be detected!? Check View -> Show CAM. Keep in mind that you need VC2005 SP1. Also make sure that ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll is installed within the DVBViewer directory. Things like that could be seen if people just posted their support.zip!

"External CI (experimental)"

This one is for the USB-CI. Check View -> Show CAM.

Edited by CiNcH
Check View -> Show CAM.

Ok, CAM detected. :D

If I ask smartcard information it sees the TV-Vlaanderen card. That's ok too.

MediaGuard CAM is known to cause problems with TT

Can you point me in the direction of more information regarding the above quote?

Switch to a crypted channel that your TV Vlaandern SmartCard should open. Again enter the CAM menu. Does it show any message?

Edited by CiNcH
Switch to a crypted channel that your TV Vlaandern SmartCard should open. Again enter the CAM menu. Does it show any message?

I now get the message that my subscription does not includes the selected channel. ('Eén' is a channel that should play well)

If I use the same smartcard in my Dreambox 7020 it plays Eén and all the other pay-channels of TV-Vlaanderen like it should.

Yes, that's the problem...

read

read

read

Please contact TechnoTrend and als refer to the threads I just mentioned and also to this one. But read them carefully first.

Edited by CiNcH

Something like that yes. Can't give you a definite answer since I can't test it myself (no MediaGuard-CAM, no TV Vlaandern).

But TT-Media Center <= 1.0.7.7 won't help you with the DVBViewer since it uses its own TT-API. There may be TT API-DLL's (ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll) that work with the DVBViewer and the MediaGuard-CAM correctly too. But I have no further information on that. This is simply a TT problem...

Edited by CiNcH
This is simply a TT problem...

Damn... ok... will throw out that card then...

Do you know if the FireDTV/MediaGuard CAM/TV-Vlaanderen smartcard/Diseqc combination works in DVBViewer?

I have a duo LNB QUAD (it has two horns and has diseqc inside and has 4 connections) to be able to receive Astra 19.2°E and Astra 23.5°E at the same time. So I need Diseqc and MediaGuard support for the TV-Vlaanderen subscription.

I have two cables running to my server where I want two tuner cards inside. Because one LNB-connection is wired to my Dreambox, I have one spare on my LNB, eventually this maybe used in the server with a third tuner. (I would like to be able to watch TV at two places in the home with 2 popi's and to have a spare tuner for recording meanwhile.)

What I learned from this board to set up my system:

- I have to install multiple instances of the recording service

- I need 2 (or 3) FireDTV tuners. (No TT because of the MediaGuard-problem)

Am I correct on this? Any comments would be appreciated before I go on and spend my earnings to a couple of FireDTV's and a second popi... :D

Otherwise I managed to get the other TV-Vlaanderen channels working that do not use MediaGuard. (VT4, VTM, VijfTV, 2Be, ...) I also did a first test streaming a Full HD channel to my Popcorn Hour connected to a full HD 24" PC flatpanel with HDMI-connection. This was my first Full HD experience and it was AMAZING! Nice work integrating the popi interfacing!

Do you know if the FireDTV/MediaGuard CAM/TV-Vlaanderen smartcard/Diseqc combination works in DVBViewer?

Never heard of a problem with this combination.

TT should work with the Aston SECA module.

- I have to install multiple instances of the recording service

One instance can handle multiple DVB adapters.

- I need 2 (or 3) FireDTV tuners.

If you do not want to be restricted in any way you indeed need a separate cable and tuner (from the LNB with integrated switch in your case) for every parallel work.

This is not possible. You can only run one instance of a service.

Ok, so like CiNcH said 'One instance can handle multiple DVB adapters'... The single instance will manage several DVB adapters AND several popi's? Correct?

Edited by Meirssv