CAM/CI/Card Not Recognised on FIrst Boot

Neil__C

Hi all,

DVBViewer works pretty much perfectly on my FireDTV-S2, Gigabyte G45, Vista x64 system. My biggest problem is after a reboot where it nearly always fails to recognise the card or cam. The symptoms become apparent in VMC when it shows the subscription channels (Sky UK,[removed]) as encryped (other channels show OK). Exiting and firing up DVBViewer shows the asterisk and a black screen, i.e. the same problem. Pulling the card out and putting it straight back in makes DVBViewer show the channel OK and thereafter so does VMC.

This sounds like a driver issue but Digital Everywhere are as usual failing to reply to anything and a workround might be a little program which 'kicked' the card/cam/ci when windows first starts and then exits. Anyone have any idea if this is possible?

I don't think this is a DVBViewer bug which is why I posted i nthis forum - hope I did right.

Thanks in anticipation.

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "common interface" (CI) and the corresponding "common access module" (CAM) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

• 1 month later...

Hello I post here to avoid creating another post unnecessarily.

I have exactly the same problem with Win XP xp3 + TT S1100 budget + CI.

In disable the "common interface module" and by reactivating immediately after. that's working

There is a command line or manipulation can do that at the start or stop DVBViewer?

Thanks a lot

Edited by Cruelo