DVBServer

squidmata

Dear all,

I am experiencing a problem with DVBServer and having searched the forum, I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. Hopefully someone may be able to help...

I am running DVBViewer 3.9.4.0 and DVBServer on a dual-boot system; Vista 64 and XP SP3. I am attempting to stream over WLAN to a laptop running XPSP3. This problem occurs in both operating systems on the server side. I can configure the netstreaming plugin to work over the WLAN fine, but when I set up the DVBServer (Unicast) I cannot get it to work at all. The Unicast settings are all correct and the autodisovery works fine, however when I start the server and start the the client machine, I get nothing. There is no transfer of data at all, although the server shows as having the client connected. I have made sure that the hardware settings for Unicast on the client match the DVB-C hardware settings on the server (Technotrend tt-1500c), but to no avail. Having read that they need to match completely, I even went as far as changing the display name of the client Unicast device to match that of the Technotrend card on the server side, but again, no joy. I also read that the channels and favourites data needs to match, so I have copied the relevant files from the server config folder to the client with no luck.

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Btw, smashing software, love it!

;)

What about the hardware settings in DVBServer? Are they correct? If everything works how it should DVBServer should show a list of hardware on the first page and when a client connects next to one hardware device the bitrate of the data that is send. If that does not happen, then something is wrong...

Maybe support.zips from client and server could help: http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=2210

Thanks for your reply Moses.

I'm fairly certain the hardware matches, like I say, I'd read up on the possible problems here. I'll have another look though.

I will definitely post support logs when I get back to my machine.

Thanks again.

What about the hardware settings in DVBServer? Are they correct? If everything works how it should DVBServer should show a list of hardware on the first page and when a client connects next to one hardware device the bitrate of the data that is send. If that does not happen, then something is wrong...

Maybe support.zips from client and server could help: http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=2210

Moses,

As promised, here are my support.zips for server and client. I can confirm that the first page shows that one client is connected to the hardware but there is no data transfer. I Have tried with firewalls disabled but this does not help.

Please see my signature for my hardware specs.

Thanks,

Squid.

support___Server.zip

support___Client.zip

Edited by squidmata

Hm, could it be that in DVBServer the Groupsetting of the hardware is different? (Or I can't read the xml files properly, hardware.xml of client and server say's Groups 7, srvhardware.xml, which is the file for DVBServer says groups 6. Status is different, too, but shouldn't matter).

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

After playing with the channel groups on server and client I was getting 'no hardware' errors on the server so I've gone for a fresh install. I'll have a look at your suggestions this evening and report back success/failure...

On the server activate Group A in the hardware settings. Per default the channels are all on group A, unless you did change it in the channellist editor, this won't work.

Lars,

I've tried to do this but without any success. Can you confirm what it means to activate Group A on the server side? Is this with the 'A' button depressed to '-', or with 'B' & 'C' depressed? Sorry to be a nuisance, but I'd love to get this up and running..

EDIT: I'm definitely set to channelgroup A on the server and client side, the client connects like before, but still no data transfer. Anybody got any ideas?

Edited by squidmata

Just open DVBServer->Settings->Hardware and make sure all groups are enabled. "Enabled" for your version of DVBServer means that the button shows an "A" and not "-"! It doesn't matter if B & C are enabled, too. To prevent further problems, you should keep them enabled.

Just open DVBServer->Settings->Hardware and make sure all groups are enabled. "Enabled" for your version of DVBServer means that the button shows an "A" and not "-"! It doesn't matter if B & C are enabled, too. To prevent further problems, you should keep them enabled.

Thanks Moses, I figured that was the right way but I thought I'd better ask, I think I'm getting a little desperate! Anyway, I can discount that as a problem, because everything is set to 'A'.

I just had a thought that Vista may need DVBServer to run in administrator mode but that didn't work either...

I'm afraid that I'm stuck. None of the suggestions have worked, even on a fresh install of the O/S.

I'm not in a huge rush to get it done, but if anyone has any ideas they'd be much appreciated... o:)