Teletext subtitle display problem

Simonlee

Hello

I have DVBViewer Pro V3.9.4.0 installed. After using for two months, I realise that in the manual, it shows under "view menu", there should be a "show subtitles" option. But there is not any this option in my installation. Is there a problem with my installation or is it taken off from the new version?

I live in Sydney, Australia. I find DVBViewer only shows all teletext subtitles at the bottom of the screen. However, if the subtitles are originally broadcasted on the top part of the screen, DVBViewer would simply skip it. Is there any way to enable teletext subtitles to be displayed both at the top and bottom of the screen?

Simon

I realise that in the manual, it shows under "view menu", there should be a "show subtitles" option. But there is not any this option in my installation.

Try settings / subtitle. Unfortenately the manual is from time when WIN95 was still popular, there has been no updates for years.

Is there any way to enable teletext subtitles to be displayed both at the top and bottom of the screen?

If you don't need decryption resp. a CI, you may want to try DVBViewer GE (see members area, read the ReadMe!). It doesn't extract the subtitles from the teletext page like DVBViewer Pro, but uses the "overlayed" original OSD teletext page to display them. In case of subtitles only the "boxed" parts are visible, provided they are flagged correctly by the broadcaster. So all teletext subtitles will appear at their original position.

After installation, you can copy your DVBViewer Pro channellist (channels.dat) from the DVBViewer Pro configuration folder to the DVBViewer GE configuration folder while DVBViewer GE is closed (see About resp. Info Menu in DVBViewer Pro/GE).

If you don't need decryption resp. a CI, you may want to try DVBViewer GE (see members area, read the ReadMe!). It doesn't extract the subtitles from the teletext page like DVBViewer Pro, but uses the "overlayed" original OSD teletext page to display them. In case of subtitles only the "boxed" parts are visible, provided they are flagged correctly by the broadcaster. So all teletext subtitles will appear at their original position.

After installation, you can copy your DVBViewer Pro channellist (channels.dat) from the DVBViewer Pro configuration folder to the DVBViewer GE configuration folder while DVBViewer GE is closed (see About resp. Info Menu in DVBViewer Pro/GE).

Thank for your solution. I haven't tried that yet because I find in the tool bar, under the first heading "DVBViewer", there is an option "Teletext". Click that option, a separate teletext box is opened. Change the channel to 801, all subtitles are shown, both on the top and the bottom of the teletext box. But now the problem is that I cannot find a way to change the font of the teletext box. Is there any way to change it? Also when the box was opened, it did not become a separate icon on the Windows taskbar. And this teletext box stayed on the screen even though I tried to watch fullscreen so it blocked part of the pictures. Is it possible to make it transparent? How about make that box overlapped with the picture and that make it transparent?

The following applies to DVBViewer GE.

Click that option, a separate teletext box is opened.

No, not that one. Use the OSD (On Screen Display) teletext for subtitles. Simply press F7. Or ESC to enter/exit the OSD menu. Or click the upper right corner of the video area. Or directly select the subtitle page via Settings -> Subtitles (provided the desired page shows up there). There are many ways...

But now the problem is that I cannot find a way to change the font of the teletext box.

Settings -> Options -> EPG & Teletext.

The following applies to DVBViewer GE.

No, not that one. Use the OSD (On Screen Display) teletext for subtitles. Simply press F7. Or ESC to enter/exit the OSD menu. Or click the upper right corner of the video area. Or directly select the subtitle page via Settings -> Subtitles (provided the desired page shows up there). There are many ways...

Settings -> Options -> EPG & Teletext.

Thanks for your information. I've installed DVBViewer GE 2.6.0. But subtitles came with a black square background. When a whole sentence was displayed in two or three lines, nearly half of the screen was covered with the black background. Is there any way to make it displayed like DVBViewer Pro that subtitles came as letters written over the screen? Also I recorded the program in .ts file but using DVBViewer Pro, I cannot playback with subtitle. Is it normal? In DVBViewer GE, there is an option "Playlist" but that would not read .ts file. Is there any other option that would open .ts file? And is there any way to make the size of the subtitle bigger in GE version?

Also in DVBViewer Pro settings>Options>EPG & Teletext, is there any option to make the size of the teletext bigger?

Edited by Simonlee
Also in DVBViewer Pro settings>Options>EPG & Teletext, is there any option to make the size of the teletext bigger?
Settings>Options>EPG & Teletext>subtitle /subtitle /font . You must change a channel before it takes effect. Font color settings does not effect.