Which works best for encrypted channels ?

boulder2

Right now, I have two DVB-S2 cards in my system :

A Technotrend S2-3200 and a Hauppauge Nova Hd S2.

I only have 1 CI module + Aston CAM 1.07 for the Technotrend.

As scheduling seems to be tricky when you have 2 cards but only 1 CI module, I was looking at equipping the 2nd card with a CI module / CAM / smartcard as well.

However, the information on the Hauppauge site is quite confusing.

Although it mentions the USB-CI module on the specs of the card, the other way round is not true.

On the specs of the CI module it mentions several cards, but not the Nova-HD-S2.

Also it says that for the Hauppauge HVR 4000, which is the hybrid (with DVB-T) equivalent of the HD-S2, is not compatible with the USB-CI module when it comes to encrypted DVB-S2 channels o:)

I 'm not sure that is really true, because it would not surprise me that what they mean is that their own WinTV software, and Mediacenter (before Fiji update) simply do not support H264, and therefore is not compatible.

So can anyone confirm that the Hauppauge works (well, reliably, stable) with DVBViewer and that it works with an Aston CAM and decrypts DVB-S2, H264 HD channels ?

Or would I be better off selling my Hauppauge and replacing it with a second Technotrend S2-3200, with a second CI module, CAM, smartcard ?

I am faced with the problem that I will not have sufficients PCI slots in the latter case, but maybe with a longer cable I could put the Technotrend CI module in a floppy slot ?

Edited by boulder2