Cant unscramble on startup

CHR81

I use FireDTV with a Irdeto CAM for scrampled channels. My problem is that when I start DVBViewer and select a scrambled channel I get black screen only. If I then wait a few seconds and click this channel again it usually shows. This doesnt happen with unscrambled channels. It has never happened with other mediacenter software either. Is there any way to avoid this? The screen stays black even if I wait.

Sorry about that. Here is some more info plus the attached file.

My computer is a HP-Pavilion with a Q6600 processor. The mainboard is made by AsusTek and the chipset seems to be made by HP. My graphics adaptor is a Nvidia GT8600 and driver version 7.15.11.7792. I have two FireDTV tuners attached to my system.

support.zip

Sorry about that. Here is some more info plus the attached file.

My computer is a HP-Pavilion with a Q6600 processor. The mainboard is made by AsusTek and the chipset seems to be made by HP. My graphics adaptor is a Nvidia GT8600 and driver version 7.15.11.7792. I have two FireDTV tuners attached to my system.

I noticed Vista goes to sleep as a power saving feature, when you wake him up (not realizing or noting it was sleeping) DVBViewer will not display channel.

Restart of DVBViewer fixes the problem but is impractical, so i disabled sleep mode (environment unfriendly) and everything is fine.

Only reason i realized this was beacuse I turned on remote desktop and was warned that sleep mode was activated (default).

/Nicholas

I noticed Vista goes to sleep as a power saving feature, when you wake him up (not realizing or noting it was sleeping) DVBViewer will not display channel.

Restart of DVBViewer fixes the problem but is impractical, so i disabled sleep mode (environment unfriendly) and everything is fine.

Only reason i realized this was beacuse I turned on remote desktop and was warned that sleep mode was activated (default).

/Nicholas

Unfortunately this is not the reason as I have disabled power saving. When I use the FireDTV software it works without trouble.

My problem is that when I start DVBViewer and select a scrambled channel I get black screen only.

Untick the the video/audio format detection checkboxes under Options -> DirectX. Better results?

It also takes some time on startup until the CI module is initialized. Check View -> Show CAM. As soon as this menu item is not greyed out anymore the CI is initialized and ready for descrambling.

It also takes some time on startup until the CI module is initialized. Check View -> Show CAM. As soon as this menu item is not greyed out anymore the CI is initialized and ready for descrambling.

Maybe it's a fire/floppy dtv issue.

I use a floppy s2 and when resuming from hybernate or suspend (win xp sp3) if DVBViewer is tuned on a crypted channel, it won't descramble. User must restart the application to have things working correctly; that's why I always power off the machine rather than suspend. I guess it might be the firewire connection of the floppy s2 which does not wake up as the pc resumes. imho of course.

Ciao