DVB viewer 3.9.4 and bluescreen

Tanko

Hi,

I've found following problems with the latest 3.9.4 version(3.9.2 was solid):

Case1. After watching normal DVB-T channel a while system starts to freeze for a couple of seconds and after that it winds forward to the real time broadcast.

This gets worse and worse until system stops responding.

Case2. After watching normal DVB-T channel a while system freezes and bang! System crash and bluescreen!

Case3. If DVBViewer is running and I stick a USB memory in I sometimes get also bluescreen.

Interesting point is that CPU load is always under 40%, even during freezes.

Measured system power dissipation is always <40W, exept startup, when it reaches 55W.

These symptoms would easily look like driver problems(somehow related to USB controller?) but with progDVB the system is rock solid. So it must be the DVBViewer.

System specs:

Sempron Dual core 2100

Jetway nc62k with integrated geforce 8200

pico 120w psu

2.5" hard drive

2G 667MHz memory, 512MB shared with integrated graphics

2 x A-link DTU(m) DVB-T USB tuners

USB HTPC keyboard(Ione)

Can you at least please tell me how to get the previous version since it cannot be downloaded from the customer service area?

Looks like I solved the problem. I Had to rollback chipset drivers all the way to original installation CD. Now the system has been stable for two days without crashing.

Before, it was matter of couple of hours when it crashed.

I noticed that original display driver uses much more CPU than latest one. Something like 20% vs. 5%. Maybe the driver optimization have caused these stability problems with DVBViewer? Of course the reason can be any of the chipset drivers like SMUbus or IDE.

Before previous I tried every trick possible without success. I hope this helps someone. Someday.