Dvbviewer doesn't start

mhelin

Hello,

With DVBViewer 3.9.4.0 the program stops in "Loading settings from setup file" and will actually never start unless it's killed, not the second or first time. Sometimes I have to fight with it almost half an hour to get it starting. After it once starts I can exit the program and restart it fine. However, after reboot it won't start again. I'm running XP Home SP2, 7800GS video card, MSI dongle DVB-T tuner, AMD setup (S939, AMD64 3200+, VAI chipset).

Now when I get it starting I see some !-points in device manager:

In Sound Video and game controllers:

BDA IPSink

BDA Slip De-framer

Microsoft Streaming Tee/Sink-to-sink Converter (two instances)

usermode.ini has (by default) these settings:

[Mode]

UserMode=2

Root=CMUV\DVBViewer

[Card]

Unicast=1

Multicast=1

Filedevice=0

Edited by mhelin
Now when I get it starting I see some !-points in device manager:

In Sound Video and game controllers:

BDA IPSink

BDA Slip De-framer

Microsoft Streaming Tee/Sink-to-sink Converter (two instances)

These device ARE NOT THERE before DVBViewer startup, is DVBViewer installing them or what??

And because it fails it takes so long time. How can I disable that device creation by default ?????

Edited by mhelin
These device ARE NOT THERE before DVBViewer startup, is DVBViewer installing them or what??

And because it fails it takes so long time. How can I disable that device creation by default ?????

Ok, found problem, I had installed the DVBViewer Pro INSTALLER to new directory so setup.xml etc. were missing. Copied them from old installation directory and now it starts fine.

Ok, found problem, I had installed the DVBViewer Pro INSTALLER to new directory so setup.xml etc. were missing. Copied them from old installation directory and now it starts fine.

Unfortunately I didn't found the cure for the problem. It still stops at "Load Settings from Setup File...". The hard disk light is blinking as well. What is DVBViewer doing in this state anyway, why does it last forever ??

Pleas start the DVBViewer via Start Menu > Programmes > DVBViewer > Support > DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode).

Try to reproduce the problem 2-3 Times. Than post the debug.log or an new support.zip.

Pleas start the DVBViewer via Start Menu > Programmes > DVBViewer > Support > DVBViewer Pro (Debug Mode).

Try to reproduce the problem 2-3 Times. Than post the debug.log or an new support.zip.

Problem was solved, I found out that there were some missing driver files for BDA IPSink etc. mentioned above. I propably have to reinstall XP in case some other files are also missing. Seems to work now anyway. Btw. the Debug Mode version didn't show anything useful (just Started Application message) and couldn't in this case (it's upto Windows to load the kernel mode drivers).

Edited by mhelin