DTS recording

HDTV4ever

The forum does not allow for searces below 4 letters so I didn't find anything on DTS :bounce:

Since the manual didn't mention this I was wondering how I can get some DTS sound off a satellite radio channel or video channel. SR (Swedish Radio) are doing lots of testing including a channel that has been on for some time now sending out a DTS test stream. I only get the MPEG2 2-channel info saying that a test is going on... The test channel should still be at the Astra1A Sirius2/3 position if they didn't kill it over the new year shift.

Some test CDs you can download a burn to CD-R, to listen on via a good PC-DVD player or standalone DVD player supporting DTS audio CDs, can be found at:

http://www.sr.se/multikanal/english/e_index.stm

The first 2 paragraphs include classical music, non-language specific, while the fairytale of the Princess Sub and the 5 speakers might be tough for the non-swedish speaking... :D

It's always possible to record the transport stream using Griga's video recorder plugin. I had a couple of tries (with dvb2000) but I never had a chance to find a decoder. I don't have any hardware for AC-3 or DTS and I'm still looking for a softdecoder for a stereo downmix. It's also hard to find good documentation about DTS coding/decoding..

I think you are referring to the DTS transmissions on Sirius. The DTS stream can be played back in PowerDVD 5 even in 5.1. No downmix is necessary. Maybe it is even possible to listen to the channel live, but I had no luck with my early tests.

thx Crypto but I need the downmix cos I don't have the necessary hardware... afair I tried pwerdvd5 but maybe not the right version. Akaik there are also different transmission schemes..

Guest Michael

the intervideo decoder in WinDVD 5 Platinum is able to downmix the stuff....

use graphedit:

DTSWAVSource Filter as Input

Intervideo Audio Decoder as Decoder

DirectSoundDevice as Output

works for DTS wav files here :bounce:... but no idea how to hear it in Winamp or some other player... maybe DVBViewer can play it with some custom graph.. haven't tested it yet

dts.GRF