Driver 4.5.0 for Technisat Skystar 2

Zero7

I saw a new driver release on Sep-30-2008 for Skystar 2PCI card. Has anybody installed and tried to see any improvements?

Details from Technisat site:

SkyStar 2 TV PCI

Software 4.5.0

Improvements

* Improved support of Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista SP1

* General improvement of software stability

* This download package contains the actual standard decoder pack (v 1.5.0.1) from Mainconcept

Software requirements of your PC are:

* Microsoft Internet Explorer 6

* Microsoft Media Player 9

* Microsoft DirectX 9

Download (50110 kB) last update: 2008-09-30

I saw a new driver release on Sep-30-2008 for Skystar 2PCI card. Has anybody installed and tried to see any improvements?

Details from Technisat site:

SkyStar 2 TV PCI

Software 4.5.0

Improvements

* Improved support of Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista SP1

* General improvement of software stability

* This download package contains the actual standard decoder pack (v 1.5.0.1) from Mainconcept

Software requirements of your PC are:

* Microsoft Internet Explorer 6

* Microsoft Media Player 9

* Microsoft DirectX 9

Download (50110 kB) last update: 2008-09-30

As i stated in a previous post the software won't work with new drivers..

No Hardware Present.. message on screen

Was helpfully asked "Why do you want to use new drivers?"

Great...

Last time i buy software like this i'll stick to cracked torrents in future at least then i can't complain when they don't work....

I'm using the latest 4.5 driver with my skystar 2 with XP SP3, not had any issues, I've not noticed anything different from the previous version other than I'm now able to do picture in picture on all channels with no issue but I think thats more to do with a rebuilt my system and limited the codec's installed to avoid conflicts.

As to the person with problems and recommending sticking to cracked software, if you've been using cracked software then this maybe causing issues with legitimate software - I recommend retrying with a clean os install, also if you've got loads of different codec's installed this may cause problems and if you've got any processes running in the background taking priority of the satellite card can cause hardware not found issues. If hard to track the source of the problem which is why a fresh systems is the best way forward

I bought the software, the statement was aimed at the unhelpful response from the mods...

Why do people normally install new drivers? Supposed improvements...

Vista is probably to blame to be fair as its a pain in the arse, but with windows 7 having satellite support etc.. i felt it was time to take the plunge!!

the statement was aimed at the unhelpful response from the mods...

Well, often enough supporters are kept busy by the following behaviour:

Everything is running fine under XP, but people want Vista. Everything is fine under Vista, but they want Vista 64 Bit. They have all necessary decoders, but they blindly install codec packs. Driver 4.0 does a pretty good job, but they want driver 4.1. DVBViewer 3.9.4.0 does everything they want it to do, but they install a beta version supposed for tests, regardless whether it makes sense or not, without even reading the ReadMe... this irrational greed for something better, that never gets satisfied, you know... inevitably leads to a situation where things don't work anymore, sooner or later.

And finally, after things are successfully messed up, they come here for support. And if they don't get it in the expected way, they tell us they will stick to cracked software in future. Really nice :blush:

My intention of starting this thread was to share the info on new driver availability and if it helps anybody having issues in Vista or so.

As I am using DVBV as a media center to watch movies more than using it as a satellite TV viewer, I can't comment on the benefits of new driver. I like the software and enjoying using it. Thanks to developers and mods here. Though I have to say, English users are less here in the forum and I see it as a minor problem for us.

I am of the opinion that Mods and Devs are not the primary people for supporting the issues faced by everyone in the forum. Community forum becomes rich with more members sharing their knowledge. They should provide support on need basis as their primary activity is development and maintenance.

Well, often enough supporters are kept busy by the following behaviour:

Everything is running fine under XP, but people want Vista. Everything is fine under Vista, but they want Vista 64 Bit. They have all necessary decoders, but they blindly install codec packs. Driver 4.0 does a pretty good job, but they want driver 4.1. DVBViewer 3.9.4.0 does everything they want it to do, but they install a beta version supposed for tests, regardless whether it makes sense or not, without even reading the ReadMe... this irrational greed for something better, that never gets satisfied, you know... inevitably leads to a situation where things don't work anymore, sooner or later.

And finally, after things are successfully messed up, they come here for support. And if they don't get it in the expected way, they tell us they will stick to cracked software in future. Really nice :blush:

I had/have trouble in which if i change channels from HD to HD the picture "scrambles" thought new drivers might fix this...

I rarely install new drivers if all is well as it usually F*=ks up the system, also i may have too many codecs installed but until microsoft pulls its finger out and adds AAC H264 DivX (need i go on?) i have to install them...

Maybe the cracked software comment was a bit out of order but i was venting my frustration as on top of this i can't seem to get the streaming working either with or without vlc...

• 3 years later...