Teletext subtitles delay ?

boulder2

I know it has been asked before, but I am one of the people who would like to see a configurable delay for Teletext subtitles.

Let me explain why.

1) I often hear that DVB subtitles are superior, so why bother about Teletext subtitles anyway.

I don't really agree with that, as they are distributed as bitmaps they are always limited to the resolution they were sent in, and if you upscale the image the letters get more hazy than with Teletext, which is just transmitted as data.

With Teletext it is up to the receiver to choose the font size, etc.

Also DVB subtitles are displayed with a solid black background which covers up most of the image that lies underneath it.

As 3 lines of subtitles can be displayed, this takes up a lot of the original viewing area.

2) In many cases you do not have a choice between Teletext subtitles and DVB subtitles.

For example : Arte HD only uses Teletext.

TV5 Monde Europe shows a movie with 3 different languages for DVB subtitles, but the Dutch language is only available in regular Teletext subtitles.

3) Now, for some reason I find that Teletext subtitles are mostly 2 to 4 seconds early.

For the BBC I can still solve this by making use of DVB subtitles, where I have similar problems with delays, but for DVB subtitles there is a solution.

4) As a workaround I can demux the TS file with ProjectX, adjust the timings with Subresync, and then play it with Mediaplayer Classic, but this is really quite a hassle.

Also I then lose the nice GUI I am getting addicted to (Concinnity 3D OSD interface).

Also, I sometimes get lots of problems playing the Arte HD files that way.

So I would really love to keep using DVBViewer for watching all my recordings.

Could you please add this delay somehow ?