Simplified Chinese EPG problem

Recycle Bin

I'm a registered user using DVBViewer to watch terrestric programes provided by CCTV(China Central TV Station). When I use 3.9.1 version. the epg works well.

post-63042-1226840982_thumb.jpg

but when I upgraded it to 3.9.4. the chinese characters in epg are all "?" question marks..

post-63042-1226840995_thumb.jpg

I tried 3.9.4.0, 3.9.4.40, 3.9.4.99. the problem remains the same.

Edited by Recycle Bin
  • 4 weeks later...

I have same problem too.(DVBViewer 3.9.4.103 beta)

but traditional chinese characters are right,Simplified Chinese characters are all "?",notice that traditional chinese and Simplified Chinese are difference,traditional chinese encoding is BIG5,Simplified Chinese encoding is GB2312.

3.9.1 the epg works well for Simplified Chinese,but Taditional Chinese characters are all unraed-able,3.9.4 beta works well for Taditional Chinese,Simplified Chinese characters are all "?".

In the Membersarea at the bottom of the page is a test version for simplyfied chinese epg. It does extensive logging, so you might experience problems with viewing TV (doesn't matter for this test).

Please do test:

For each test delete the epg.dat file!

- Tune a channel with traditional chinese epg. Check EPG if it displays correctly.

- close the DVBViewer, delete epg.dat.

- Tune a channel with simplyfied chinese epg. Check EPG if it displays correctly.

After both tests please create a new support.zip and upload it here. Oh and of course please report success or failure :(

In the Membersarea at the bottom of the page is a test version for simplyfied chinese epg. It does extensive logging, so you might experience problems with viewing TV (doesn't matter for this test).

i found a file named DVBViewertest.exe,but problems are same.traditional chinese epg displays correctly,simplyfied chinese epg displays NOT correctly.

Please do test:

*i do a fresh install DVBViewer 3.9.4.103 beta

- Tune a channel with traditional chinese epg. Check EPG if it displays correctly.

*yes,it's displays correctly,see support1.zip

*delete epg.dat

- Tune a channel with simplyfied chinese epg. Check EPG if it displays correctly.

*NO,simplyfied chinese epg displays NOT correctly. see support2.zip

*and I do a fresh install DVBViewer 3.9.4.103 beta again,Tune a channel with simplyfied chinese epg,but it's still displays NOT correctly.see support3.zip.

After both tests please create a new support.zip and upload it here. Oh and of course please report success or failure

*it's seems thst simplyfied chinese epg displays NOT correctly all the time,traditional chinese epg alwats correctly.

support1.zip

support2.zip

support3.zip

are you sure, you started the dvbviewertest.exe file? The log entries for incoming EPG which should be there are missing.

BTW, the dvbviewertest.exe can simply be put into the program folder of the DVBViewer beta. Sorry, I forgot to mention this. :(

OK I uploaded another testversion. Simply extract it into the folder of the DVBViewer Pro BETA and run it.

Please try the above described tests again.

You only need to upload the support.zip created after the test.

Thank you. :(

use dvbviewertest.exe(3.9.4.105)

Please do test:

*yes,it's displays correctly

*delete epg.dat

*NO,simplyfied chinese epg displays NOT correctly.

After both tests please create a new support.zip and upload it here. Oh and of course please report success or failure

*it's seems thst simplyfied chinese epg displays NOT correctly all the time,traditional chinese epg always correctly.

thanks for your work.:(

support.zip

use dvbviewertest.exe(3.9.4.105 new)

Please do test:

*yes,it's displays correctly

*delete epg.dat

*NO,simplyfied chinese epg displays NOT correctly.

*it's seems that simplyfied chinese epg displays NOT correctly all the time,traditional chinese epg always correctly.

thanks for your hard work:)

support.zip

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...