Possibility to group/filter channels by audio language/country/genre o

Evgeni Nikolov

My use case - my mother-in-law speaks only her mother tongue. If she visits us, she should be able to select only stations that she can understand. If I want to hear the news, I want to be able to select among all news channels - the language is not important to me - I speak 4 languages. If I have foreign guests, maybe they would like to watch channels that are targeted for their land.

Even if I try to combine the channels in groups, based on country of origin, genre and audio/subtitle language the number of groups would be very big.

It is not hard to assign to each channel it's country of origin and genre. This information could be readily found in lyngsat or kingofsat and maybe elsewhere. I've already written a small VBA program to parse KingOfSat and to prepare channels list for DVBViewer with chanels grouped in categories.

What do you think about this matter?

Regards

Evgeni

I don't think it 's as easy as it sounds.

Take for instance Arte, on the same channel you can select German or French audio.

How do you classify such a channel ?

Also, suppose you duplicate it and put it in two groups (Germand and French), then your mom still has to know that she needs to change the audio channel if it happens to not be the default she wants.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't think it 's as easy as it sounds.

Take for instance Arte, on the same channel you can select German or French audio.

How do you classify such a channel ?

Also, suppose you duplicate it and put it in two groups (Germand and French), then your mom still has to know that she needs to change the audio channel if it happens to not be the default she wants.

Just my 2 cents.

Well you can't cover all exceptions. I speak German and don't understand French, so I would put it in German group :-)

Ideally I would prefer to be able to filter based on the language and country of origin (COU) and to have channels grouped in genre groups. Back to your example - if I choose German as language and set no filter for COU then I will find Arte in the group "Cultural". Depending on what COU is set for Arte if will be shown or not if I select COU Germany. If you ask me to which country would I assign Arte - it would be Germany