Why is DVBviewer 3.9.4.0 trying to access the internet?

RichardWhite

When I start DVBViewer 3.9.4.0, Zonealarm pops up a message saying DVDviewer Pro is trying to access the internet. I have disabled automatic update checks, and can't seem to find anything else in the options that should require internet access. Any suggestions what's causing this, and how to get rid of it.

• 2 months later...

Of cause you have to uncheck:

Options > News >Autodownload both things

Options > Weather > Autoupdate

and make sure that you use no Plugin or Decoder that tray to access the Internet.

Hi,

with version 4.0 on XP, even with administrative rights, it is not possible to switch off the option to look automatically for updates. If I switch it off and restart the DVBViewer, it is switched on again. The check for an update results, as wireshark shows, in an SSL encrypted answer. So the bug is still there in version 4.0.

And that behavior of the program raises the question: Why is the answer for a simple update check SSL encrypted ?

For an update check, it would be enough to send back the version number of the actual version on the server in plaintext and to compare that with the version number of the current installation. May be there is an updated blacklist for stolen serials included in this information ;) ?

Well, not a real problem to me, since I am a happy and legitimate user of the DVBViewer.

C.U. NanoBot

Edited by NanoBot
with version 4.0 on XP, even with administrative rights, it is not possible to switch off the option to look automatically for updates. If I switch it off and restart the DVBViewer, it is switched on again.
That is strange, here on Vista disabling in DVBViewer 4.0.0 works without problems. And if i remember it right i have tryed it although under XP with the 4.0.0 successful.

If you changed other thighs with this, are they saved?