Problems using Elecard Mpeg2 decoder

atouk

Hi there,

as a newbie to this forum I first have to thank hackbart for this great tool! Yesterday I installed the full version (2.0 R2) for the first time (after the TE version had crashed the registry of my win98se completely while recording for 10 min, probably due to an unusual aspi driver). Now I am really looking forward to play with all features, plugins and whatnot.

Time for a short hint: the installation faq tells me to change setup.ini to InstallTvApp=TRUE for the mpeg 2 decoder. I was surprised to notice that my technisat installation cd V 4.28 really was write protected... (w00t)

After reading a lot of great hints here I got the elecard mpeg2 decoder installed (loaded directly at elecard). Preview works fine, but all the time there is a disturbing little box in the upper right corner. So I went on to install the SLDcodepack1.53 (got yesterday from www.soft-ware.net, made by skyteam, complete freeware package including a modified zoom player and some DivX 5.05 decoder filter), wich brings an own version of the elecard decoder (2.00 build 2313) as well.

Fine, the elecard box is not longer there - even more, it is as well not at the bottom, where the top of the display is. In other words: The display is vertically flipped. Funnily the preview window displays correctly. When recorded, the media player plays correctly, too - just the DVBViewer flips, and only when watching tv.

Using the "filters" menue in DVBViewer I see the well known elecard settings box, no option here. But a "DivXG400 2.7" filter is now added to the filter list, and its settings offer "no flip", "flip input", flip output", "flip in+out". When checking "flip input" or "flip output", the tv display looks fine. But now the recorded file is upside down - checked with media player as well as in playback via DVBViewer.

This driver can be set to "load never". Doing this the DivX and the elecard filter are no longer in the filter list, too.

So - any clue how to omit this strange behaviour?

(BTW: Why does a divx filter affect a mpeg2 decoding?)

Thanx for the good work in general as well as any comments that my enlighten my sleepless nights!

- Atouk