Recommend a Remote Control (Please)

Andyba

I need some hardware pointers for a DVBViewer compatible remote control package. Ideally a handset / USB receiver package.

I had hoped to buy another similar to my MCE 2005 unit, but I gather that is now obsolete.

As much as possible I’m looking for “out of the tin” functionality. Just tick the box in DVBViewer input options and it works. No “learning”!

Compatibility with XP MCE would also be nice, as at some stage I’ll need to replace my now obsolete 2005 unit on my main media centre PC.

The new unit is for an additional DVBserver fed XP PC, so functions such as sleep, and wake for the PC would be advantageous.

Above all simplicity as it will be for a kitchen PC predominantly used for TV, and web browsing, needed to replace the existing UHF-PAL TV prior to switch-off of this service.

I see Philips do some units, but these appear to be for vista, and I’m also not sure of DVBViewer compatibility either.

Any pointers gratefully received. Thanks