HELP!

fiveaboy

Hi,

I recently purchased a Pinnacle 7010ix PCI-e dual dvbs/t card.

So, i put it into my machine, let windows update find the driver, and then i tried to scan for channels.

progDVB says i have 80% level, 0% quality

vista mce doesnt find channels

cyberlink powercinema 6 doesnt find channels

so i brought DVBViewer as everyone suggested it was brilliant.

so i get to the installation, and it installs ok, then i get to try and scan for channels and i get an error in german:

I select the DVB-T tuner, and Terrestrial (EUR) (it doesnt have a space for UK for some reason):

Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse FFFFFFF. Lesen von Adresse FFFFFFF.

what do i do?!

please help asap.

oh, my system:

intel e6420@3.3ghz

asus p5kdlx

4gb RAM

4x320Gb HDD

8800GTX

creative sb audigy2zs

pinnacle 7010ix in the first pcie slot (1x).

i still have my leadtek winfast tv card, and when i plug in my aerial into it, i get full signal and it picks up some channels - please please help.

thanks..

That's a known problem, fixed in the current beta of the DVBViewer. It is cause by some MS part of Directshow. If you use the beta, you have to activate the direct tuning for the workaround.

That's a known problem, fixed in the current beta of the DVBViewer. It is cause by some MS part of Directshow. If you use the beta, you have to activate the direct tuning for the workaround.

sorry, im not a n00b to PCs so i know how they work, but im a n00b to DVBViewer - where do i find the data folder, as i ran the beta, but it didnt let me choose the area i was in to scan for channels.

i did the autooffset thing, and i got nothing.

i tried the card in a vista 32 box i have, and nothing.

im beginning to think its broken....unless anyone else has any ideas?

Mine works on DVB-T in vista 64, XP Pro 32 and XP MCE with DVBV GE or DVBVpro and nothing more than drivers, enableautooffset, and PowerDVD7 as a decoder. Use the Bellinglee skt nearer to the centre of the faceplate.