No EPG Data when using IPTV

Thomas.T

Hi there DVBViewer users.

I´m using DVBViewer to watch IPTV channels. Everyting seems to be working correct except I have no EPG data. When using the IPTV set-top-box that I got from my Service Providor I have perfekt EPG data. But DVBViewer does not seem to be able to capture this data. Is this a known problem, or do I have to configure DVBViewer in a special way to recieve EPG data?

Hope someone can help me.

/Thomas

Hi Lars, thanks for your fast reply.

I have tried to do a scan on one of my channels with TransEdit. I have attached a screendump of the result.

How do I see if my providor is broardcasting EIT-EPG data?

Regards

Thomas

post-70925-1228857908_thumb.jpg

there's no epg, only videotext

Hi Derrick

Thanks for clarifying this. Too bad, now I have to use XMLTV or something else to import EPG data.

Thanks for your help.

/Thomas

I'm quite sure they don't transmit the EIT-EPG data with the TS-Stream. Most providers don_t cuase bandwith = money :) they use a proprietary system to transmit the epg data in "one piece" over a special IP/Port in a special format. I think I have seen only one provider which does at least send now/next via IPTV.

[edit]

dooh, a little late my response...

[/edit]

I'm quite sure they don't transmit the EIT-EPG data with the TS-Stream. Most providers don_t cuase bandwith = money :) they use a proprietary system to transmit the epg data in "one piece" over a special IP/Port in a special format. I think I have seen only one provider which does at least send now/next via IPTV.

[edit]

dooh, a little late my response...

[/edit]

I Lars, thanks for your reply.

Do you know if there any chance that it will be possible to extract the EPG data in future versions of DVBViewer? Or is it impossible due to the proprietary system my providor uses?

/Thomas

My guess it's impossible, because I would need to know where it is send, what format and, this is the biggest problem, this has to be done for each and every single provider in the world of iptv. I'm sorry but that's something I can't and won't do.

Maybe you look into xmlTV epg (the user delphi has done very good work with his import app) and you just assign your IPTV channels to the xmlTV channels...