Pinnacle 4000i Help setting up please!

JonBunt

I have the pinnacle 4000i Sat Card. It appeared to install OK and is using Windows drivers 3.1.3.0.

I am using Windows XP pro (with latest Service Pack).

However when connecting to the LNB (via a cable that works fine on a Skybox), I cannot get any channels when scanning in DVBViewer.

I asked for the scan on Astra 28.2E.

Am I missing something? Is my Sat Card faulty? This is my first attempt at something like this so please excuse my ignorance.

I have read that other people have used this card with DVBViewer successfully, but I need a little assistance.

Please check drivers I linked in the wiki

for the 4000i.

Delete the card from the devicemanager, delete the drivers, restart, use new drivers and enjoy dualtuner :(

For me it worked (german XP SP3).

P.S. in Service / RMC Download search for Pinnacle DualDVBS-Treiber (Stargate Tuner) Version 4.1.1.0 vom 09.Dez.2006

Edited by Devastation

Thank you for that, the scan now picks up channels.

However I cannot seem to pick up the BBC HD channel or any HD channels, DVBViewer shuts down when choosing one. How do I get over this?

Also is it possible to rescan for all channels after setting up, if so how do I do this? (I guess I could remove and reinstall DVBViewer, but is this really necesary?)

Has anyone got any advice on how to receive the most channels with this card (do I choose free to air only, as I do not want to pay for any), or do I receive more free ones if I don't choose free to air?

I would appreciate any advice on setting up the HD channels, the best add ons, and basically the best way to get the most from this card and DVBViewer?

Thanks to all for any info, as I am a little confused with all this :(

However I cannot seem to pick up the BBC HD channel or any HD channels, DVBViewer shuts down when choosing one. How do I get over this?

Normally Pinnacle 4000i is not ready for HD that needs a DVB-S2 receiver. If BBC HD is such on I dont know. I know here in germany only one test-tv-prog in hd that works with 4000i

Also is it possible to rescan for all channels after setting up, if so how do I do this?

With the channel scan (I dont know it correctly for english version) you can scan for all channels

Has anyone got any advice on how to receive the most channels with this card (do I choose free to air only, as I do not want to pay for any), or do I receive more free ones if I don't choose free to air?

You can scan for all, so the pay channel will be seen in the list but you cant watch them with 4000i. I always scan for all and put the pays far at the end of the channellist only to know what there would be avaible. :(

By the way, are bbc channels free to air?

Edited by Devastation

Yes BBC HD and ITV HD are free to air (and on DVB-S), apparently on other forums I have read that people are receiving them with the Pinnacle 4000i and DVBViewer, although I think it may need a little fine tuning.

I have just tried that but the same thing happens, DVBViewer just shuts down.

Any other ideas?

I can not receive BBC so I cant check with my system.

What for H264 do you use? Maybe test with another decoder like ffdShow.

I tried the only one available from drop down list that was CoreAVC Video Decoder, I guess it came with DVBViewer.

No. CoreAVC doesnt com with DVBViewer. Maybe you installed it with a codec-package.

It is said that coreAVC ist the fastest h264 decoder. So it should be good. But I dont use it so I cant test.

Maybe try ffdshow for testing.

Thanks, just tried ffdshow and I can now play the BBC HD channel from the list. It does however stutter alot. Seems to be using 100% of CPU, so perhaps my system is not powerful enough.

Is there any way I can push more of the load to my graphics card (as my graphics card may be able to handle it)?