Technisat SkyStar HD2 on Vista x64 SP1 with > 3Gb RAM

newen

First of all this is NOT a DVBViewer problem but I'm hoping the community on this board can help me.

I have Technisat SSHD2 installed in a Vista x64 SP1 machine with 8GB RAM. I'm using Version 1.1 drivers from Technisat. Drivers install ok and DVBViewer finds a hardware (Technisat Mantis DVBS BDA Receiver) with all the expected options available. I can select a transponder and start to scan channels. It will show signal strenght, but it will be unable to "lock" on any channels. If I limit Windows memory to < 3GB RAM it works.

I'm aware that this is driver issue and with no update from Technisat for 9 months now I'm running out of patience. Since I know that there are few cards with same hardware from other manufacturers I'd like to know if anyone had any success with them. Or is there any other solution?

I also think that is totaly unfair from Technisat to sell their "premium" PC product with such a limited support for curent OS/Hardware configurations. And do you think you can find information about this problem on their site? Think again.

Edited by newen
Do not downgrade.Uninstall previous drivers,clean the traces,restart your machine and install the card using those drivers.

It worked for me and some others under vista64 and 4gigs of ram

Still no luck here. Uninstalled, cleaned registry entries, installed, no go. Even went a step further. Found spare HDD, installed Vista x64 SP1 on it, installed drivers supplied by you, same result.

what can i say...it worked for me.

Terratec released mantis bda driver 1.1.301 a few days ago for the s2 pci hd card which is exactly the same and the history log mentions that they fixed this issue but i couldnt install the driver :/

I have the same issue with Technisat skystar HD 2 running under vista x46 and 4Gb ram

it show the signal level and quality but i cann't find the channels ;)

the only thing that make it work is just to limit the Ram to 3 GB using MSConfig command

follow these steps to do so:

-run MSconfig (using run or search)

-in the boot Tab click advanced options

-click maximum memory radio

-and specify the memory limit to be 3096

-click ok , ok and restart

-it should work now

:)

I have the same issue with Technisat skystar HD 2 running under vista x46 and 4Gb ram

it show the signal level and quality but i cann't find the channels ;)

the only thing that make it work is just to limit the Ram to 3 GB using MSConfig command

follow these steps to do so:

-run MSconfig (using run or search)

-in the boot Tab click advanced options

-click maximum memory radio

-and specify the memory limit to be 3096

-click ok , ok and restart

-it should work now

:)

That is known workaround for that problem. It was suggested to me few months ago by Technisat tech support. I'm affraid that when they finaly release new drivers they will suggest to put i486 processor in my computer to make them work B)