No luck ((

frhackett

Hi

Just got my login details to the members area. Tried to install DVBViewer with no luck. For me it looks like there are downoad issues on your website. The package size for version 3.9.4.0 is reported as 6183 KBytes; the actual size of setup.exe that "download.php?id=1" points to is only 5268826 bytes. :)

And it does not install indeed as breaks at the point where it copies files to Program Files\DVBViewer\ complaining that the source file is corrupted.

Ok, tried to download it again few times. Same result. Took a break and gave it another go after a couple of hours. Now I'm getting a message from your website that I'm realy impressed of to put it mildly:

Your weekly Download Limit is reached!

Reset will be on Mon, 22.12.08 @ 22:11

How lovely!

Guys, are you joking here??

Tim

Do not click "Save as" you have to click on the link and wait until the Download starts.

I tried either way actually with the same result.

And the download limit for the DVBViewer package is tis there. What is it?

Which Browser are you using?

Tried it with IE7 and Firefox 3.0.4

It is one of the arrangements to prevent the shearing from usernames.

Pardon? What is shearing from usernames?

He meant "sharing". There are people out there that steal usernames & passwords and share them to a community of people that then use them illegaly (or others who share them intentionally)... to prevent such things, there is a download limit tied to each user, which should normaly never be reached or only in rare occasions.

He meant "sharing". There are people out there that steal usernames & passwords and share them to a community of people that then use them illegaly (or others who share them intentionally)... to prevent such things, there is a download limit tied to each user, which should normaly never be reached or only in rare occasions.

Ok, I see, thanks!

Not sure how exactly it helps to fight the software piracy as you can share the binary the same way you share the username/password...

Also I guess it's not a big deal to find the binary on P2P networks.

Anyway, are there any solutions for those who paid for the software and unable to get it I wonder?