DVBVIEWER AND MPC decoder h264 with dxva

Diego

Well some time ago some of you talked about using ffdshow codec with DVBViewer.

Then I remind that MPC decoder uses multithreading and also DXVA that should be a bless for many of us that doesn't have a new CPU.

Some weeks ago I made some test using h264 ts recording with MPC HC and it worked with MPC decoder h264 and dxva.

But unfortunately I' m not able to use the MPC decoder into DVBViewer even if the codec is showed (I obtain a black screen).

So I thought at a workaround to make it working as seen in other dvb app. Why don't send the stream via http or udp to MPC and then using MPC directly as viewer?

But till now I' m not able to use it. MPC always say me couldn't render the file and I tried many combination from Null render to VMR9 (windowed) or VMR9(renderless).

But at the end I' m not sure something is really transmitted to MPC.

I enabled unicast network and settled up server port and then used Open file in MPC with that address and port but always had problem with render.

What to do?

Any idea?

Thank you for any help

More or less resolved using netstreaming plugin

I said more or less because I' m able to see only SD channels but with HD channels I hear only the audio.

I will do some more tests on next days.

I said more or less because I' m able to see only SD channels but with HD channels I hear only the audio.

I will do some more tests on next days.

Try Corecodec i've tried everything and this is least intensive cpu wise and best reliability no-stutter solution

Try Corecodec i've tried everything and this is least intensive cpu wise and best reliability no-stutter solution

Milly thank you very much for the reply. B)

Core codec are good but unfortunately does't use hardware acceretation of the graphic card.

Another good codec that doesn't make hw accel is the divx h264 beta 3.

Till now the only H264 codec I have that works with hw accel is the cyberlink (in overlay render mode).

MPC decoder should be great because is free of charge.

But I havn't understood why it play the recorded ts file but doesn't play the live tv.

Milly thank you very much for the reply. :)

Core codec are good but unfortunately does't use hardware acceretation of the graphic card.

Another good codec that doesn't make hw accel is the divx h264 beta 3.

Till now the only H264 codec I have that works with hw accel is the cyberlink (in overlay render mode).

MPC decoder should be great because is free of charge.

But I havn't understood why it play the recorded ts file but doesn't play the live tv.

Hiya mate, yeah i get you on the DXVA thing i've an ATI 3650HD which should enable DXVA - I've tried and failed to get anything to do it...

As i said the corecodec is least cpu intensive option i've seen and quite frankly everything else is crap in comparison (powerDVD included)

If you have any success with DXVA i'd be happy to hear your results...