sign of a faulty card?

johnoo

hi I have a twinham 1034 with cam which I use with DVBViewer and its great,no problems at all and I use it for sky encryped channels etc,anyway since I capture a lot of tennis off eurosport/sky I thought when I seen a one exactly the same advertised at ebay I would bid for it.to my surprise the low bid I put in was the only one.anyway I installed in a similiar pc system to the other card and used the same satellite cable(no cam used).windows found it ok and the drivers installed fine and device manager said everything was fine.when running DVBViewer for the first time DVBViewer seen the card and everything went well till the scan,nothing at all was found.I tried a few things but no luck with finding anything radio or tv wise.so I'm guessing the tuner has gone and its not fixable?although the seller has agreed to take the card back and return my money I just wondered if any of the more experienced users had any ideas or is this the sign of a faulty card.I know I could go about switching cards but I'm loathe to touch systems when they are working.